Thread: Where is DOS2UNIX??

How do I clear these locals out??

I have lookeed all over! I even followed the link in the How-To's and it's not there. I am wanting to follow the Captain's guide for getting JUST the locals that I want to show up. I'll need to edit the file though and then convert back to Unix format. Can someone please tell me where in the world this app is? Thanks!!
    Last edited by TRILIGHT; 11-22-2002 at 01:27 AM.

Ok, I finally found it. For anyone wondering, I ended up finding it here...

http://www.bastet.com/software/software.html

Now, that being said, my locals are a MESS! I have tons of stuff all listed on the same channel numbers from 2 to 99. I put a # in the channels.dat file, just like it says, before everything I did not want showing up. (practically everything!) I did the reload and all but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get rid of all the extra crap in the guide now. How can I kill out all this mess and get the channels.dat file I made loaded up right?

I tried to change the topic of this post so that it covers my local mess but I couldn't do it. If I have to, I'll make another post but I'd like to just change the subject of this one.
    Last edited by TRILIGHT; 11-22-2002 at 01:28 AM.

The link in the How To's is good. The file is in the downloads section at the PVR Hack site. The name is a little cryptic which is probably why you didn't recognize it (it's the UDDU.zip file)
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I've found it much easier to get a copy of Textpad and use it for all of your editing.

It allows you to "Save As" in the Unix format.

SB

Textpad is definitely the word processor you should be using to do any editing of Unix/Linux files but it's still a good idea to use DOS2UNIX when you're done.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!