Thread: can this be done ?

can this be done ?

You now sometimes your watching tv its 8:15 and the show your watching started at 8:00 and it's in the 30min buffer. but you have to go and you want to rec the show.

BUT when you press the rec botton it does not rec whats in the buffer is there a way to do that ?

if you don't under stane i will try to exsplane better but iam not very good at typeing or even make sences sometimes.

I just tested this and it DOES record from the beginning of the show. I was 25 minutes into a 1 hour show, hit record, began recording that show...and went and checked it out in the Now Playing menu. It was all there from the beginning.

If you had just turned to the show and it was not in your buffer, you would obviously not be able to retrieve all of it...
    -zabs
    ========================
    DSR6000 67 hours (80gig WD drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened / w/Turbonet
    Sat-T60 35 hours (40gig Quantum drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened

This will only work if you are already tuned to the same channel you want to record before you begin watching the show. As soon as you change channels, the buffer starts from zero again. You can't just tune to a channel and expect the last 30 minutes to be there in the buffer.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

o ok i tryed it again and it works. i guess i was not doing it right last time.

I've been meaning to ask this, but has anyone ever looked into having the tivo NOT kill the buffer upon changing channels?

I've been burned on two occasions by that. The 18month old daughter is quicker than I am and good at finding the channel button on the tivo remote.
    -zabs
    ========================
    DSR6000 67 hours (80gig WD drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened / w/Turbonet
    Sat-T60 35 hours (40gig Quantum drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened