Thread: How to exit tserver_mfs5?

26 How to exit tserver_mfs5?

Okay I have a total newbie question here. I am running Tytool 5 and can do extractions, split well but once I am done I cannot get back to bash for TiVo. When I put in the standard commands I get nothing (end, exit, logoff, close, off, and some other ones I made up). Anyways how do you get out of tserver_mfs5?

Sorry for the lame question,
    Magik

try control-c to exit

-lloyd-

lloyd-

Works great!

Thanks,
    Magik

magikempire it seems we are both at the same point with our video extraction.

What tools are you using once you the video files on you PC.

Initially I just want to conver the stream to a SCVD compatible mpeg file...... any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Smiffy-

Here is where I am at. I can download the stream through tytool 5 and perform a split at the same time. After the import to PC is successful then I can take and convert them to a video format for DVD 720x480. Then SpruceUp will recognize. Then add media file to SpruceUp. Now go back and change to 480x480 and it should work. I have not tried the SVCD as the price of a DVD-R's are getting reasonable and the hastle does not seem worth it to me. So I am now at the point to author a DVD but I do not have a DVD burner and that will hopefully be in the stocking at Christmas. So I have gotten to the point where I am comfortable extracting, authoring and now I just need to figure out why some shows will freak out in the transfer. Not sure why but that is something I am trying to work out.

Hope this is what you were looking for!

Magik

Hi Smiff and Magik,

I would like to be there too, but I get this error when starting tserver_mfs5 thru bash:

BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 46: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

I chmoded 777 for tserver_mfs5 and NowShowing.tcl
    I also insured I sent ftp files in bin. (also tried sending .tcl file in asc).
    I also tried adding command to rc.sysint file and rebooting thinking it could only be run during startup.
    I've tried to think of everthing but still DOA.
    Oh I have Hughes DTivo with 2.5.2 (146 hours)
    any suggestions?

Everything's OK.
    Problem with extra PC characters in files when FTPing them to Tivo. In TextPad, resaved the NowShowing.tcl in Unix format.