Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tivo to mpeg4 divx ?

Ugh...that makes entirely too much sense.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

I saw you mentioned a version of mpeg mediator that you were working on that could open tystreams.

Out of curiosity, how did that go? Something like that could cut a ton of overhead out of my current process, because 99% of my tystreams are on a network share or burnt to a DVD, and the splitting takes as long as the transcoding does sometimes.

Being able to have it directly encode the tystreams off a different system would rock.

avisynth causes an an audio video sync problem:
    heres my .avs file:
    LoadPlugin("MPEG2DEC.dll")
    LoadPlugin("mpasource.dll")
    video=mpeg2source("C:\extract\TechLive.d2v")
    audio = MPASource("C:\extract\TechLive.m2a", normalize=false)
    AudioDub(video, audio)

when i simply mux my video using mplex there is no problems with off sync. but when i use avisynth my video is about 1 second faster than my audio. anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Use Gordian Knot

http://gknot.doom9.org/
    Fred, is this still your favorite tool for creating files that can be played on the Archos? Dr DIVX seems very easy to use, but I am having terrible audio sync problems and am not sure why...

I've not made MPEG4 from ty streams. Gordian Knot is very popular and is older than Dr. DivX. If your source is DTiVo, you're probably stumbling over field dominance flipping within the source stream.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

I used tyshow+dr divx and it worked really good for me to convert my s1 sa ty streams to divx. I also used tystudio (tytools should work just fine) then virtualdub with the mpeg2 patch and that works good for xvid.

i'm using mencoder to go straight from dtivo .mpgs to mpeg4 and i've never had any audio sync issues. it can apparently handle the field dominance switches, but the debug messages coming out are misleading; it keeps switching in and out of inverse telecine mode.

of course this is all under linux. i dont know if there is a windows port for mencoder...

if you download mplayer for windows it has it

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    I've not made MPEG4 from ty streams. Gordian Knot is very popular and is older than Dr. DivX. If your source is DTiVo, you're probably stumbling over field dominance flipping within the source stream.
    Yes, its a DTIVO; Having some success with PocketDivXEncoder; still looking at a few other tools, as well...

Thanks folks!

what's that, distributed mp3 encoding? What's the point?

Mencoder under windows

Mencoder works for me under windows, lets you fetch and convert your
    program to DIvx from you tivo on the fly. I just wish someone whould add this funtionality to Winvo of TivoWeb+, looks like it would be a simple thing for someone with some programming skills.

Here is my post with the required parameters....

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...658#post101658

Quote Originally Posted by PTVupgrade
    Yes, its a DTIVO; Having some success with PocketDivXEncoder; still looking at a few other tools, as well...

Thanks folks!
    What's the latest on the audio sync issues?

I have a Sony SV2000 series 1. I'm trying to create mpeg4 files for use on an Archos Jukebox20. I use the latest version of TyTool.
    I download the program from the TiVo to create a ty file.
    I make the key file, and make my cuts.
    I then generate the mpg file.
    When I play the mpg file, the audio is still in sync. Using the mpg file as input, I've tried Gordianknot, Dr. Divx and PocketDivxEncoder. I still get about a 1 second lag.

Does anyone have a definitive method for getting from ty to mpeg4?

Quote Originally Posted by ElVee
    Hello? Anyone? Little help?
    mux to vob - frameserve via AviSynth.

http://www.doom9.org

This is what you need:

http://divx.ppccool.com/

What I do is I extract the video from the Tivo in MPG format with audio option #5, SVCD format and I patch video holes. Once the MPG is on the PC I run it trhough PocketDivcEncoder. After encoding I sync/fix audio/video (another option).

Very easy to do and works every time for me.

Good luck.
    John