Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: tyremux a GPLed TyStream demuxer and to be remuxer

Originally posted by salfter
    Lately, I've been using Avisynth with an MPEG-2 decoder plugin.
    There are better MPEG2DEC routines. Try this one: http://nic.dnsalias.com/ It doesn't need the whole d2v aspect.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Originally posted by FredThompson
    There are better MPEG2DEC routines. Try this one: http://nic.dnsalias.com/ It doesn't need the whole d2v aspect.
    I think I tried that before and found that it didn't work as well. With some sources, you still need DVD2AVI to separate the audio and video anyway. I'm not sure where I got the DLL that I'm using...it's 108K and is dated 25 Sep 02, if that narrows it down any. (I've put it up at http://alfter.us/files/mpeg2dec_pp_mod_b3.zip, if anybody's interested.)

Different DLL. Try Nic's and see if it works better. He's one of the tech guys involved in developing XviD. It's just possible he might know what he's doing.

The nice thing about his is you don't need DVD2AVI.

Take a look at this stuff also, it's an offshoot of what has become a very active doom9 focus on adding proper MPEG2 to VirtualDub/AVISynth:

http://smokeslikeapoet.d2g.com/

There's also this little gem that's not that visible. The code is GPL'ed so I'm wondering if it would be helpful making a Windows client for editing.

http://www.flaskmpeg.net/

VirtualDub code is also available but both editing panes are in the same window. That's really awkward with large source.

Personally, I'd like a version of VirtualDub that works in MPEG2 non-destructively but maintains everything else. Basically, if there are no filters applied and the source is MPEG-2, it stays MPEG-2 with the exception of truncated GOPs being converted to I frames. Oh, and with a few other GUI changes (floating windows, user-defined crop bar color, etc.)

That really shouldn't be too hard. It needs a flag to denote processing (other than cutting) and an alternate path for the save routine.

Oh, keep an eye on this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=39941

neuron2 is Donald Graft. He runs the VirtualDub/AVISynth board that hosts my link lists. Uh...he's also very knowledgable about commercial MPEG-2 streams in North America. trbarry and Marc FD are also quite experienced with this stuff. It's a good thread.

And, while I'm at it, here's the Tektronic MPEG reference:

http://www.tek.com/Measurement/App_Notes/mpegfund/
    Last edited by FredThompson; 12-16-2002 at 04:32 AM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Olaf gently suggested some time back that posters should kindly stay on-topic. Remember please that Olaf is forced to read every one of these looking for some relevance to tydemux.

If you want to start another thread by all means do it! And now I have contributed to the "noise" myself! Sigh.
    Philips Standalone v3.01 w/2-80G drives and Tivonet.

What should be obvious if you follow the links:

Two Open source GUIs for video editing
    Open source MPEG-2 stream debugging and cleaning of buggy streams
    Commercial MPEG-2 streams in North America. Gee, what might I be implying?

The non-TiVo-specific community working on MPEG-2 is far greater than just a few people hanging out on this board.

You could look at post #1 in this thread:

This is to be a place where we can all trade ideas, discuss the tydemux code base (and the up comming tyremux) and MPEG coding in general. It's GPLed application so you are all welcomed to partisipate/develop or just look at the code in general. Let it inspire so that ideas, code and every thing flows freely.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 12-17-2002 at 01:34 AM.

hmmmph...I took one of the videos coming from the menu background on a series 1 directivo with s/w version 3.1, and I looked at it with a hex editor, and the magic number for a tystream header is there, as well what appears to be a very basic master chunk. Look what happens when you have tydemux process it:

Code:
    Probing TyStream .....

Tystream recorded on:
                    SA Tivo Series 2
                    Software rev 1.3 (these two contradict)

Tystream recoding audio stats:
                    MPEG Layer II audio
                    Average tyrecord (audio) size: 864
                    Audio frame size: 864
                    Audio frame time: 3240 (ticks)

Seeking TyStream start of MPEG Layer II audio
    Found start of MPEG Layer II audio
    Skipping to chunk 1 - reseting chunk numbering

Starting demux process
    .........  100..
    Demux process finished

A/V Sync Offset: 000ms (i.e. audio plays 000ms early use -O -000 in mplex)
    weird...heh...also the output is just a zero length file. vsplit1n doesn't process this file at all, complains that it can't find the first 10 chunks.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 12-17-2002 at 04:36 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Yes they contradict each other , will make a extra check and skip when I find results like this.

What is determining if it's a 1.3 or 2.x or newer is the first four bytes in the chunk. If byte 3 bit 4 (bit with a value of 8) is one then we have a 2.x or higer stream.

Now we probe the rest of the chunks if we find no pes headers in the stream well then we have a S2 Tivo.

My guess is that there is no PES in the background stream kind of useless since it's a circluar buffer. Hence tydemux thinks it's a S2 stream and uses the S2 video demux engine and the 1.3 audio demux engine. Well non of it will work really well as you discovered.

I have to take a closer look at this very special stream.

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    hmmmph...I took one of the videos coming from the menu background on a series 1 directivo with s/w version 3.1, and I looked at it with a hex editor, and the magic number for a tystream header is there, as well what appears to be a very basic master chunk. Look what happens when you have tydemux process it:

Code:
    Probing TyStream .....

Tystream recorded on:
                    SA Tivo Series 2
                    Software rev 1.3 (these two contradict)

Tystream recoding audio stats:
                    MPEG Layer II audio
                    Average tyrecord (audio) size: 864
                    Audio frame size: 864
                    Audio frame time: 3240 (ticks)

Seeking TyStream start of MPEG Layer II audio
    Found start of MPEG Layer II audio
    Skipping to chunk 1 - reseting chunk numbering

Starting demux process
    .........  100..
    Demux process finished

A/V Sync Offset: 000ms (i.e. audio plays 000ms early use -O -000 in mplex)
    weird...heh...also the output is just a zero length file. vsplit1n doesn't process this file at all, complains that it can't find the first 10 chunks.

Progress update:

Well kids take thier time so to say so things are going slowly. It's not a total stopp and I'm actually wrapping up things i.e. testing the upcomming version (0.4.0).

It's not a small addition this, 0.4.0 has more than 4000 new lines compared to 0.3.x hence it takes a while to nail down every bug.

Hopefully we will have 0.4.0 out before X-mas it looks promising but I will not release any half baked product.

Cheers Olaf

Thanks for keeping us informed Olaf

I hope all have a Merry, Happy and Joyous Safe Holiday.

Hello Folks,

Progres update . Nope 0.4.0 is not ready yet - X-mas and family and kids makes things go really slow.

However good news, it's debuged and I have made pre tests with 0.4.0 and it works like sharm. The frame rate and sync drift corrections made by tydemux works really good and so far i have managed to keep sync on really difficult streams.

I will now enter code clean up stage and I'm counting on releasing the prog the 31:th of Dec as a New Years gift.

Cheers and sorry for all delays

Olaf

looking forward to it Olaf - hope you had a good Xmas

Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year

Olaf - any update on ETA ??

Cheers

David

yeah, im glad Im not the only one very excited about this...oh the work i have to do afterwards....

Ive collected all the 'i love the 80s' and the old tydemux or tytool has issues with a few of them...

tons of alf eps too....what a great day

Originally posted by davidblack
    Hope everyone had a good christmas and new year

Olaf - any update on ETA ??

Cheers

David

Same here. With over 450 new Thread Views in the last 24 hours I guess others
    are waiting too!