Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: tyremux a GPLed TyStream demuxer and to be remuxer

Hello AlphaWolf,

BIG thanks for the patch it was really needed. I didn't prioritized spelling, grammar for five seconds. Hence a check/fix was badly needed.

To you all this is the kind of help I really need besided bug reports. It's really helpful and offloads me quite a lot.

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    Also not being rude, just it looks like English isn't your first language
    No shit Sherlock , besidedes I'm also slightly dyslectic.

Cheers Olaf

Didn't thoroughly fix all of the grammatical errors mind you though :P

Just fixed the ones I noticed while looking for spelling errors. I'll probably take a deeper look after the next release, b/c the changes there were big enough already
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Thumbs up Kudos & Questions

olaf -- Kudos on Tydemux -- ive been waiting months for a program like this -- now im starting to extract/burn gigs and gigs of .ty files ive saved and archived that couldn't be split with the older apps.

Question: I have run into several anomolies with various .ty files that you may want to look at, what would be the best way to get these to you....posting a snippit of the out put or uploading a 1.5gb .ty file to an FTP site?

any timeline for the 0.32 release? Im eager to break the 2gb barrier (i have 4 'Taken' Eps that need to be demuxed )

Cheers

=-BillyZ

Originally posted by olaf_sc
    [Olaf responding to dlang's inquiry about outputting a list of frame rate changes to aid commerical detection]: Yes, thats a walk in the park to implement (will provide a switch to turn it on and off).

I will make tydemux print the first time stamp and then print a time stamp every time the frame rate shifts.
    Given the relatively uniform practice of upping the volume of commercials, sometimes to ridiculous levels, would monitoring the audio stream and calculating its relative volume be of any help in confirming where commercials are placed?

If you found a place where the frame rates change and the volume suddenly surges, that would be a pretty strong indicator. Maybe it would be of limited usefulness though. I just keep thinking that ReplayTV seems to have a pretty good way to detect commericals and it can hardly be rocket science.

Re: Kudos & Questions

Hello BillyZ

In regards to a time line for 0.3.2, there will be no 0.3.2 . There will be a 0.4.0.

The version bump is due to the large amount of new functionality. Hence next version will be 0.4.0, which means that 0.5.0 will have internal MPEG muxer and internal audio transcoding and 0.6.0 will have muxed DVD/SVCD compliant MPEG program streams.

I expect to release 0.4.0 before the 14 of Dec. Now what will 0.4.0 bring us?

• Check and fix of temporal reference
    • Check and fix of frame rate
    • Check and fix of drift in audio/video sync
    • Check and fix of missing frames
    • Check and fix of max bit rate
    • Port to Mac OS 10.x, Solaris etc..
    • Removed 2GB barrier

Originally posted by BillyZ
    olaf -- Kudos on Tydemux -- ive been
    Thanks
    Question: I have run into several anomolies with various .ty files that you may want to look at, what would be the best way to get these to you....posting a snippit of the out put or uploading a 1.5gb .ty file to an FTP site?
    May I ask what kind of anomolies? Then I think we can figure out how to get those anomolies to me . I have a ftp site 66.121.15.34 but before we start uploading it might be good to figure out what is happening and then start upload.

Cheers Olaf

There is several ways of detecting commercials, volume, frame rate change, closed captions, channel log on/off, black frames, etc...

Taken all of those together and you will be able to detect and remove commercials with high precision. Now this is something for past 0.7.0 or soo since I better get other things going. However I preparing for it by 1: writing the code in such way that it's possible 2: Allready providing hocks for some of the info in the present code base.

Cheers Olaf

Originally posted by rd001
    Given the relatively uniform practice of upping the volume of commercials, sometimes to ridiculous levels, would monitoring the audio stream and calculating its relative volume be of any help in confirming where commercials are placed?

If you found a place where the frame rates change and the volume suddenly surges, that would be a pretty strong indicator. Maybe it would be of limited usefulness though. I just keep thinking that ReplayTV seems to have a pretty good way to detect commericals and it can hardly be rocket science.

Go Olaf!

Wow, can't believe the progress being made here. Incredible job, Olaf!

Also, the news of a MacOSX port really makes me happy. Just got a Mac and I'd love to start using it for this purpose.

I expect to release 0.4.0 before the 14 of Dec. Now what will 0.4.0 bring us?

Check and fix of temporal reference

Check and fix of frame rate

Check and fix of drift in audio/video sync

Check and fix of missing frames

Check and fix of max bit rate

Port to Mac OS 10.x, Solaris etc..

Removed 2GB barrier
    roll on the 14th - great work Olaf!

WOW!!!

The port for OS X will make my life so much simpler. The 14th can't come fast enough. I think I might be able to finally ditch my windoze box.

saltydog4791

Hopefuly we can finaly edit our resulting mpegs with any editor, without losing sync as well . Sounds like we are upon it.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    Hopefuly we can finaly edit our resulting mpegs with any editor, without losing sync as well . Sounds like we are upon it.
    I'm not sure how this tool helps that. Do any editing tools support mpeg input? I've been converting to .avi with DVD2AVI and VFAPIConv. What would you be using to, say, edit commercials out?

Olaf - been lurking for a while. I'm very excited to see the end product!

Lightbulb TyDemux Friendly FrontEnd

I already got a jump-start on a decent front-end, just waiting to include the new "Oh Four Oh" code....

What do you suppose are the odds of programs like SonicFoundry's VideoFactory and TMPGenc having the abillity to open and read .ty files....

then my life would be complete.

god i need a life.

icculus: womble mpeg vcr does

Re: TyDemux Friendly FrontEnd

Hello BillyZ,

You should wait with building a frontend until tydemux is modularized, i.e. when it's a lib and a small frontend (tydemux). Then you (and others) can start making really cool frontends. I will try to make the clean up after the 14:th so that it's a lib in version 0.4.1.

Cheers Olof

Originally posted by BillyZ
    I already got a jump-start on a decent front-end, just waiting to include the new "Oh Four Oh" code....

What do you suppose are the odds of programs like SonicFoundry's VideoFactory and TMPGenc having the abillity to open and read .ty files....

then my life would be complete.

god i need a life.

Re: Re: TyDemux Friendly FrontEnd

Sounds like a plan...im going to wait until .4 to see if any of those anomolies dissapear -- Most of them are GOP errors anyway.

Originally posted by olaf_sc
    Hello BillyZ,

You should wait with building a frontend until tydemux is modularized, i.e. when it's a lib and a small frontend (tydemux). Then you (and others) can start making really cool frontends. I will try to make the clean up after the 14:th so that it's a lib in version 0.4.1.

Cheers Olof