Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.5 Avail For DTIVO For Beta, Should I Try IT......

EelSushi

If you can tell me how to get the ramdisk image I can mount it, copy the files out, modify them, and then make the image again. This is actually quite easy and if you search on editing RedHat's ramdisk or initrd you find out step by step how it's done. It's very simple, your kernel has to support romfs, redhat 7 does, you mount the image with mount -t romfs filename /mnt then you can copy the files out to another directory. To put it back to an image you use genromfs.
    Information wants to be free....

well, I don't have a 2.5 kernel to look at, but I tried what you said with a 2.0.1 kernel and was unable to ifnd the first 2 bytes in the dump. 1f 2b correct? Maybe it is different with 2.0.1. Please see your PM, I'm going to give you an email address so maybe we can work together on this.
    Information wants to be free....

Last edited by ejh; 07-31-2001 at 09:39 AM.

folks,

not to be rude to everybody may be we can move this discussion of public forum. but 2.5 is not released yet and any public knowledge may couse feautes changes in actual 2.5... so how about moving this discussions to PM or e-mail conversations?

ejh, good to know that you found everything now lets work toghether to get things done...

Kraven, check you PM
    Eel sushi rules!