Thread: To Leave Power On Or Not???

To Leave Power On Or Not???

I am a newbie in this Tivo game. I bought a used unhacked Sony T-60. I was able to do all of the needed fixes (25xtreme) myself through all of the good info on the boards.

I haven't ran accross anything like this on the board. My box crashed last night on a Jerry Springer Season Pass that I have programmed. I'm using a private 3m hux file with the St Louis locals programmed in. I turned the power off and went to bed. When I got up this morning it wouldn't turn on. I had to unplug it and have it reboot. The message for the show says either the power was lost or someone cancelled last night's episode. It recorded Raw for me Monday night, but I'd left the box turned on. Are we supposed to leave the box turned on for recording or should we be able to turn it off?

The only way to power off the unit is to remove the power supply (ie- power cable or turning off the circuit). Hitting the 'power' button on the remote or on the unit only puts it in standby mode, it does not actually power down. The TiVo will still record programs when in standby mode.

You are having other problems, can't help you with those.

zeek

Thanks for the response. I think I may have figured out that it may be in the 2:00 am reboot thing. The show comes on at 2:05 am. I haven't figured out the disabling the updates yet.

Jerry Springer and RAW?

Dude: you're asking your TiVo to record Jerry Springer and RAW? I'd commit suicide, too, if I were your TiVo!

I guess we have different taste.

Just pulling your leg... after all, mine is full of 590's & Howard Stern.

That's Ok. I only record the Weekend Flash news program on Playboy. All news should be like that.

Mine was doing the same thing. I solved it by just never putting it in standby mode (hitting the power button). I wish there was a fix, however, because the hard drives are still being written to when in standby (30 minute live tv buffer).

I have decided for now not to record in the 2:00 hour.

Try this link.

My problem was actually associated to a new HDTV station interfering with my home video distribution system.