Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tivo backups

replys????

i was refering to lure, but i tried to download and no go, several times, i'll get it. do you think 50 bucks for the hard drive (sony) is worth it? and what is a rar? blue

Re: replys????

Originally posted by BLUETOOTH
    i was refering to lure, but i tried to download and no go, several times, i'll get it. do you think 50 bucks for the hard drive (sony) is worth it? and what is a rar? blue
    I used CuteFTP to access the site, but I had to connect using PASV mode. This might be my setup however since I am using a proxy and firewall.

$50 for anything over 25GB is probably a good deal. 25GB is about $80 in my neck of the woods.

RAR is a common Windoze archive format. go to www.download.com an search on RAR and you should get a few hits. If you're running linux, I expect there is a version also.

LM

Exclamation RAR,FTP

RAR
    Winrar is a program just like winzip e.o. it commpresses files and is can divide them. If your loading 1 GB worth on backup files you appreciate the files being cut into piece. It is very likely you lost connection or the connection is broken. it suxs if you just finnished 900 Mb of the 1000Mb you tryed to down and you have to start over. ( ok, the ftp supports resume-))

FTP
    If you fail to connect to the ftp this is due to any of the point listed below:
    • the ftp is down: my connection seems to be a little unstable lately. I have to blame my ISP for that.
    • You don't have a clue what ftp is and how to get it working. read a manual!
    • the maxium nummers of users is being reached. I allow 3-5 people at the same time. this way you all have some speed. avarage = 26/x
    • I dislike you, I blocked you IP ( currently NOBODY is being blocked)
    • you are automaticly blocked, multiple downloads from one IP are being blocked as is any other form of hammering

Don't private me about the above, if you suspect problems read the first and second post of this thread
    Last edited by Lure; 08-16-2001 at 02:10 AM.

Mangus had a sony Tivo,
    Its case was Beige & Gray,
    But no matter what Magnus did
    The Tivo wouldn't play.

Someone send me/lure a t-60 backup before I rhyme again

PU-LEASE!!!!!

LM

I will try and get the Compressed T-60 Backup done today

Electron

It appears that Lure doesn't allow uploads

?

upload to the upload dir.

read earlier posts in this thread to see possible problems

THE TIVO

Once upon a midnight dreary,
    while I pondered, weak and weary,
    O'er a dead and dying sony PVR.

As I ZapTivo'ed, nearly working,
    Hard Drive loudly jerking,

As if success had been lurking,
    lurking on my bedroom floor.

"Please Wait," I visioned,
    "Showing on my TV fore --

Only this and nothing more."

Quoth the Tivo, "Nevermore"

LM

I wonder

I wonder, when I read this forum, will I ever be the same.
    Looks like I'm tivonized forever
    I opened the case myself, there is no one else to blame.
    cracked and hacked or whatever
    My TiVo still plays every frame

Do we need to start a poetry forum for this?
    it's way out of line
    think about that ,while I take a piss.
    ah well; what the heck: this thread is mine-)
    I'm happy: there is not a program I miss!

actually this is NOT true: I use my tivo to coach diving...there is not a dive I miss thou-))

Thanks, Lure

I want to thank Lure for offering his computing and internet resources to allow us to download backups.

I got a 1.2 Phillips for $49, but it had no remote and was set to use the DSS port for controlling DTV, and I couldn't get bash on it.

I used one of Lure's 1.3 backups to start from scratch, got a bash prompt, hacked to do PPP over serial, and went though an entire guided setup with no remote, using SendKey through tivosh!

My remote arrives soon, but I have already upgraded the unit to 80GB+15, and I have a backup if I want to go with a larger second drive.

As soon as the warranty expires on my other Sony Unit, I'll be MFS'ing a backup, and Lure's site will get it first!

Thanks again!

I will have some backups to upload to Lure's site soon too.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

I have the T60 backup ready to upload, It started then stopped now I can't get back on the FTP site ( To many Users )

I will try again soon, The backup is 118 megs

Here is the read me that will be with it.

>>
    The t60.bak is a backup of a Virgin T60 single drive. with 2.01
    Original drive was a 40 Gig Quantum.
    Backup was made with Mfstools-1.0 from the Boot CD
    ( mfstool backup -9 -o /mnt/dos/t60.bak /dev/hdc )

To restore it use:
    mfstool restore /dev/hdc -i /mnt/XXX/t60.bak
    (XXX) replace with your dir info.

If you use this on a non quantum hd you will need to use Edit_bootparms to set runideturbo=false.
    You will also have to delete the now playing shows manually as they are not backed up.

<<
    Does this look ok?

Electron

trafic

at the moment there is heavy trafic on the ftp.

If this continues: page me. ( note only for uploads. downloads need to line up in rows of 4-))

27 belden123

I was playing around in the FTP looking at the backups, and I see that all the backups are mostly for version 1.2 and 1.3 of the software. Does anyone have a backup of the 2.0 software for a philips 20hr that got a small backup using Tigers mfstools? I ask because I have been trying for the last couple of days to get it to work and I just can't get my system to work right to make the backup happen. I have an Asus A7V mobo and a Romtec Trios HD selector with 3 HD's and they all run through the primary ata/100 connector and all my other ide's are taken, plus it looks like the best way for the mfstools to work is by booting off of hinsdales boot cd so I can't take the cdr's out. The way its setup with the Trios, I can't use the HD's on the primary or secondary ide's for whatever reason after setting up the OS's through that thing. So basically I'm hosed on trying to make a backup. I've tried taking my drives to a second computer and they don't work there either. If anyone has any ideas on how to use the mfstool with hd's on an ata/100 connector, let me know! (I think the big problem is that the mobo uses a scsi-like bios to control the ata/100 connectors and they aren't seem by the system as normal ide connectors). Thanks!

is there any user specific data on a mfstool backup?
    something to identify the origional user?