Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help. New Hughes (HDVR2) DTV/TIVO Call Ext. 752 problem

Hybrid View

Unhappy Help. New Hughes (HDVR2) DTV/TIVO Call Ext. 752 problem

I know what ext. 752 is, what my question is, is there any way for this ird to accept a HU instead of the p4? I have a hu test card I would like to use but I'm getting 752 card not compatable. I ran into this before with the h and hu and a simple change of the cam id and zkt and the ird thought it had an hu in it but really had a h? Any info or help? Please, I have been waiting on these new systems for 10 months. Thanks

hdvr2 (NON-hu tivo)

The new hughes DTivos don't accept HUs at first...the Tivo software only permits P4s, I think there's a hack available that make HUs acceptable but I'm not sure.

Well, unless things have changed while I was away, DTV hacking is discouraged here. But, as far as I know, there is no way to get the CAM/ZKT off a P4 yet, much less onto an HU.

Dennis

Re: hdvr2 (NON-hu tivo)

Originally posted by Mr. Smith
    The new hughes DTivos don't accept HUs at first...the Tivo software only permits P4s, I think there's a hack available that make HUs acceptable but I'm not sure.
    Many things are possible with the aid of a good disassembler. If you poke around the hard drive a bit you'll find some very interesting stuff...

Many things are possible with the aid of a good disassembler. If you poke around the hard drive a bit you'll find some very interesting stuff...

Could ya point me in the right Direction?
    a litle hint ?

im thinking of a number between 1 and 10^9...i'll choose 53999999

=) have fun

oh, if you do discover it as well, please don't be too explicit regarding the deails. The threads regarding this issue (the unwink issue if you will) should be a good guide as to what is considered appropriate on this forum.

If you guys havent gotten it in a few weeks, I might drop another hint or two.

I wont get it in a few hundred weeks I have no idea how to get into a tivo. I was just hoping that it would be as easy as the 1st tivo's when you could make the tivo think it had a hu in it when it really had an h in it. I keep hearing something about a nozkt mod? I was hoping we could make the tivo 2's think it had a P4 in it when it really had a hu.

BAMA-BOY: your question just went from the grey area to the black area. this is not a dtv hacking board. as such, your last question was directly related to dtv hacking (for the purpose of signal theft or otherwise), and is not appropriate for this forum.

as far as a no-zkt hack, it has been decided that its also an inappropriate topic for this message board. there are many other places which discuss that sort of thing.

It is posted in the rules sticky that we do not discuss DTV hacking in this forum.

But many people who don't read the rules post questions about DTV hacking or they read the rules and post DTV hacking questions anyways.

I'm not certain why you posted this type of questions.
    Did you read the rules or just disregard them?

Mr Black
    Thanks For the heads up i wil let you know my progress

Can We Say you have Been TIVOED! lol.
    There is no such thing as too much TIVO!
    Tivo On Man!
    Have a Great TIVO Day!

----------------------
    HDVR2 210 GB !
    Made In Da U.S.A !
    Custom!

I deleted all the usless posts in this thread, but I don't think it should be completly removed because it goes a long way in demonstrating the "Free TV'er" attitude that a lot of the people coming here have.

Definition of a free-tv'er: someone that doesn't bother to read anything, flames and demands an immediate answer to a question, doesn't care about rules or guidelines set down by the board owners, hasn't the ability nor the desire to EVER read and figure out for themselves what they want to accomplish even when they are pointed in the right direction and given all the information they would need to accomplish the task. A person that believes that they are owed the information in some way even though they put no thought or comment into arriving at the information.

If you find yourself in this free-tv'er catagory, please go away. You're ruining this fourm and just pissing off and driving away the people that have the knowledge and ability.

If you find yourself not in the free-tv'er catagory, please ignore the posts from the free-tv'ers and dont' respond or bait them. Instead, please report the posts and they will be promptly closed or deleted.
    Information wants to be free....

Can I have an AMEN?!?!?!

Amen!
    Thanx Kraven.
    (For this and all your other work.)
    -zabs
    ========================
    DSR6000 67 hours (80gig WD drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened / w/Turbonet
    Sat-T60 35 hours (40gig Quantum drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened

Hey Kraven, yeah make sure you delete the post that speak of all you people that steals $249 life subs. Me free TVer you free Tivo er what's the _ucking difference? That was my whole point 10 posts ago. Man whats some hypocrites.

Originally posted by BAMA-BOY
    Hey Kraven, yeah make sure you delete the post that speak of all you people that steals $249 life subs. Me free TVer you free Tivo er what's the _ucking difference? That was my whole point 10 posts ago. Man whats some hypocrites.
    The fact of the matter is DTV hacking is not a valid topic here, whether you like it or not is irrelevent. It's simple......Either abide by the rules or go away.