Thread: can't boot from xtreme cd

Angry can't boot from xtreme cd

OK I've downloaded xtreme 2.5 twice and burnt it to 5 different CD and used 3 different computers: 233MXX, 366 Celeron overclocked to 583mhz, and a 1800 AMD. NONE of the systems will boot from the CD rom. I have read here and viewed several different hack guides and I just can't figure out why it will not boot. I have gone in all the bios and set the boot sequence to "boot from CD" I have disconnected all the drives from all the computers and NOTHING!!! I'm at the end of my rope and can't figure this *hit out.

? What should be on the CD rom after burning Xtreme 2.5??

? Is there another place to download Xtreme 2.5 other than the PitouDistro site?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

burnett

Unhappy

could anybody give me any advice? from all the reading and searching i have done, it's looks to me me that i've done everything right. is there something special i have to put on the cd along with xtreme 2.5? man this is suppose to be a 1,2,3 process that takes about 15 or 20 minutes here i am going on 7 hours and can't get 3 different computer to boot from 5 different cd. WTF!!!

How are you burning it to CD, and with what software? Some people don't have good luck with NERO. The file is an iso file, and needs to be burned as an image to the CD, not just as a single file.

hey bubblelamp

i finally got it to boot from the cd. i was burning it as a data file and not an image file. now i'm getting a write protected message and when i type 25extreme and the propmt i get "unable to open destination device for writing" i've tried all 3 choices and get the same thing.

A little more info please. What drives do you have hooked up, and where are they attached? Does the Tivo drive show up in your BIOS correctly?

bubblelamp

after going over my cables i found i had them backwards. i had the hd as primary and cdrom as slave. after i switched them she booted up fine and wrote the image to my new maxtor 120 gig hd. i'm going to install the hd in the tivo and call it a night. tomorrow i will test everything out to see if the install was a sucess.

THANK YOU for taking the time to reply and try to help me it is GREATLY APPERCIATED!!!

burnett