Thread: I bought a T-60 from someone; is it hacked?

I bought a T-60 from someone; is it hacked?

The software version is 2.5.2.01-1-011, and the account status says 5: Lifetime service. But the tivo nag keeps popping up and it says there hasn't been a call made in over 30 days. What's going on here? I try to force a test call, but it just hangs. Am I supposed to prefix the call with something? Thx

- Jahmon

No way to determine whether or not the system is hacked based on the information provided.

The modem may be bad- which is causing the phone call to hang. You may have to send it in for repair or go install turbonet to make the daily calls via broadband.

zeek

edit: if you are using the modem and there is no turbonet card installed make sure there is not a dialing prefix set in the phone options. Did you rerun guided setup when you took ownership of the unit? Are you sure you answered all the phone questions correctly?

Thx for the reply. Turns out it is a legit sub after all. Doesn't really matter though since I already installed xtreme on it to extract shows.

Still a Lifetime sub is nice to have. That way if you ever decide to uninstall Xtreme you can put on a clean image and still have all of the tivo features.
    -zabs
    ========================
    DSR6000 67 hours (80gig WD drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened / w/Turbonet
    Sat-T60 35 hours (40gig Quantum drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened