Thread: Extracting directly on a PC

Extracting directly on a PC

My dtivo just got into a reboot loop, it only display video for about 5 minutes then reboot or freeze.

Is there a way to extract some of the shows I have in that hard drive directly if I connect it to a PC?

Thanks.

I remember seeing this discussed in a thread quite a while back. Try running a search for it. It's a real pain in the ass to do it but it is possible.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks captain, I'm testing something in hopes that I stop the reboot to be able to extract the video with tytool.

I saw someone with a similar situation and it was suggested that the 30 min buffer was hitting a bad spot on a hard disk...so you could try turning the channel on the tivo to a channel you don't have. ie. zero (Dont forget to change both tuners if you have dual tuners activated, I use 0 and 1 when I go to bed at night...saving on wear and tear on my hard drives...at least I tell myself that so I can sleep better. )
    -zabs
    ========================
    DSR6000 67 hours (80gig WD drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened / w/Turbonet
    Sat-T60 35 hours (40gig Quantum drive) Xtreme'd / Kravened

right when you get bash, send "switcherstart -k", it will prevent tivoapp from running and you can do whatever you need to without the reboots.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Thanks AlphaWolf great information as always.

Extract directly off hard drive

Attached is the instruction I found. You can ignore the cvs and compile part of the instruction. Just boot to Linux command line -- linux repair or install boot floppy/cd is sufficient. Mount the partition that you want to extract to. Then use the mfs_export.i386 executable that came with the extraction package.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AlphaWolfs instructions LIVE !!!

-lloyd-
    SA-2000 Sony 80 Hours w/ tivonet
    SA-2000 Sony 30 Hours w/ turbonet
    SD-H400 Toshiba 80 Hours

http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo

I selected clear program data and todo list, now it reboot and I can't stop the process.

Anyone know how I can stop this? I don't get a bash prompt, I'll never select that option again.