Thread: Setting up new DTivo

Setting up new DTivo

Ok guys, I've read a lot of tutorials and such, but most seem like they are aimed towards the old updates and I wanted to make sure I got all this right.
    Last edited by Norco; 09-11-2003 at 09:25 PM.

If memory serves me the 2.5.2extreme.mfs file is actually an iso image. You'll need to rename the file with a *.iso extension and burn it to a CD as an iso image. The CD should be bootable. Follow the installation instructions for 2.5Xtreme and you'll be fine. Make sure you indicate that you have a larger hard drive during the installation so your swap file is set up correctly and also so the image will expand to the full size of your drive.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

The 2.5.2 files are mfs backups, they are not .iso images.
    You'll need to put the file on a dos hard drive and do a mfstool restore to your tivo drives.

Superzap wrote a very nice how-to in the 2.5.2 image thread.

Important note: the 2.5.2 images do not mod the prom, you have to either manually mod the prom, or load Extreme2.5 first and let it boot, then restore the 2.5.2 image.

Alright, thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Norco; 09-11-2003 at 09:26 PM.

2.5.2 gets you a slight bug fix with a "freeze and reboot" problem that is rare.
    It also gets you Stars on Demand, a totally useless ad for Stars Network.

It also might get you into trouble with setting up locals, you gotta be sure to get 2.5.2 compatible locals scripts, and unscramble scripts.
    Last edited by DarkWing; 01-06-2003 at 08:59 AM.

DW, thanks for setting me straight on the mfs file. I had heard somewhere that this was an iso. I never used the 2.5.2 image so I wasn't sure.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!