Thread: a little confused...

Question a little confused...

A year ago I added a large drive and did a 2.5Xtreme installation on my DSR6000. Also the lifetime sub. I just picked up another DSR6000. I want to add a turbonet card to this one. I've been reading and I see there are a few new things out there now. Is this the right sequence?

2.5Xtreme
    Kravens Update
    Turbonet card
    Turbonet software

Or does Kravens update have the turbonet drivers in it? So then it would be this:

2.5Xtreme
    Turbonet card
    Kraven's Update

Will things get screwed up if I do something out of sequence?

bman

you should be able to:
    2.5xtreme
    Kravens upgrade
    turbonet card
    reboot

Kraven's upgrade installs the TurboNet drivers and configures your DTivo as a DHCP client. If you do not have a DHCP server, such as a router, you will need to configure your DTivo with a static IP address. There were a couple of very informative posts on this topic within the last day or so either here or in the Extraction forum.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Smile

Thanks poppagene and captain_video,

I do have a router with DHCP server. Have a wired and wireless network here at home. My goal with this new DSR6000 is to eventually extract streams and burn to DVD. I've been reading up on it and have started downloading programs I will need to do this. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get deeper into this. Thanks again.

bman