Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: last successful call / mfs entries

Thanks for the quick lesson SuperVHS...

Will play with it this weekend.

SuperVHS,

Added .bashrc to root directory - very basic:

# .bashrc
    /etc/rc.d/reset.itcl

DTivo does continuous reboots - never gets past "Powering Up" - then reboots a minute or two later. Removed .bashrc and DTivo boots fine.

Must not like this script in bashrc ...

Of course, bash is invoked to run rc.sysinit -

So bashrc is run just before rc.sysinit.

My reset.itcl loops nonagz, which invokes tivosh.

I'm guessing that rc.sysinit has to do some work *before* tivosh can run happily (or before the db functions are happy). So I'm probably trying to put my cart ahead of my horse by attemptin nonagz in bashrc.

Back to playing, but not a high priority right now...

Chipster

Interesting. If you want to try a minor change, try adding a sleep command as the first command of the .bashrc file: "sleep 3m" will have it pause for 3 minutes and that should allow the rest of the tivo to get set up (or it will cause your reboot to wait 3 minutes - grin).

Also, you are running nonagz in the background when you run it from the command prompt. I would think you also have to do the same in your reset script. Eh?

Doh! ... place a sleep to allow rc.sysinit to complete... why didn't I think of that....

And yes... I have been placing a trailing "&" on the script to run in background.

Will report after some play.....

Now that I think about it - I probably forgot the "&" before.

Anyway, the loop runs - but no updates from .bashrc.

But got it working, and thanks for pointing me to the right section of the manual - so to speak...

It wants the *interactive* login initialization..... hint.

One other thing. Notice in my .bashrc file the alias.tcl call starts with a dot space (". "). This tells the system that any changes made are to be kept and made available to the system. If the alias.tcl file changed the path but was simply executed, the path will only be changed within the shell of the alias.tcl program and the change will not be seen by any other commands / processes.

So you might want to try ". /etc/rc.d/reset.itcl" in your .bashrc file

I'm not a big Linux user and I have to keep looking up this stuff. Sorry if it is in bits and pieces.

I'm also looking things up as needed. Crash Linux course...

As I mentioned, I've got it working now - but .bashrc wasn't the file that tivosh likes. ..... /.bash_login is the one. This may also be affected by where, within rc.sysinit, I call for the bash prompt on TTY3. I do it at the end, and everything's A-OK. At least until it gets my real last call time...

well, nomorenagz didnt do everything i was hoping, but its getting there.

my dtivo hit 30 days without a call, and disabled the record button. my season passes were still recording last i checked, but i havent check on whether i can create a new one.

the one thing i thought of regarding all this is that without a daily call, a few things happen:

secSinceLast doesnt get reset
    numFails doenst get reset
    ReschedCall doesnt get reset
    Tivoloution magazine doesnt download
    network showcases dont download (i think)
    guide data doesnt download (on sa boxes)
    system updates dont download

now, i highly doubt that the system updates are tied to any of those messages automatically generated by the system. the first three entries i mentioned would be plausable causes, but one thing noone has mentioned is the tivoloution magazine. would the tivo generate those expiration messages when the magazine expires?

Originally posted by mrblack51
    my dtivo hit 30 days without a call, and disabled the record button. my season passes were still recording last i checked, but i havent check on whether i can create a new one.
    My SA Tivo (which is outside the US and has never done a GS except via me loading a headend slice I have used previously). It also has the above problem - it had this problem since the 1st or second day after I put 2.0.1 on it [its now over 2 weeks since I put up 2.0.1 on my Tivo].

I can setup manual recordings and season passes and they record and are recording fine without guide data.
    I cannot get into any of the Wish List, Pick programs by time or name etc. I would love to get rid of the service interrupted status if I knew where it was stored.

I have loaded a fake slice that contains 1 future program in January 2011. The System menu shows that the Tivo has guide data to Jan 26 2011, - it still knows that no recent guide data has been downloaded even when I tried loading a recent made up slice of program guide data.

The system menu shows Boat Anchor mode is true and Backdoors are enabled.

... mentioned is the tivoloution magazine. would the tivo generate those expiration messages when the magazine expires?
    Before I had 2.0.1 I had 1.3 on my Tivo, which had data when it was in the US but not since it left the US, it worked fine all the menus worked even though the Tivo couldn't phone home. - including never having Tivolution magazine or showcases.

Tivo therefore have changed the types of things they check rather than stuff in /Setup.

What we need is a way to spy on the MFS entries/keys that myworld is accessing and updating as that would show these places.

Anyone got a hacked 'intercept library' for libmfs.so that can do this [show all MFS entries/keys being read written].
    I'm thinking something like a the regmon utility available for Window NT/2K systems.

Originally posted by mrblack51
    well, nomorenagz didnt do everything i was hoping, but its getting there.

Check this out, I installed tivoweb 1.9.1 on my system tonight and got it working, I noticed when I browsed onto the /Setup object using the MFS browser in Tivoweb 1.9.1
    that there is a entry called ServiceInfo.

see entry bolded below:

Setup 5502/10 {
    Version = 431
    ServiceInfo = 5502/11
    PostalCode = 6000
    TimeZone = 0
    DaylightSavingsPolicy = 1
    Source = 5502/12 5502/13
    Complete = 7
    CallWaitingPrefix = {}
    DialPrefix = {}
    ThumbsLogMagicNumber = 1186385486
    VCRIrCodeNum = 0
    BannerTimeout = 250
    SoundVolume = 25
    RecordQuality = 75
    ServiceState = 5
    ServiceStateExpiration = 11900
    LastSuccessCall = 996703572
    LastCallAttempt = 996790101
    NextCallAttempt = 996858452
    LastCallStatus = Failed
    IndexPath = /Setup
    }

Now, when I click on the link in Tviowbe for the ServiceInfo object its dumps dump that object (#5502/11) and it looks like this:

Notice the entry I've bolded, hmm, LastsuccessPGDCall?
    That looks very interesting.

ServiceInfo 5502/11 {
    SwSystemName = 2.0.1-002-000
    LastSuccessPGDCall = 0
    AuthTollFree = 1
    CallInProgress = 0
    CallStatusInfo = {14
    }
    }

Problem is I am not sure where this object is to be found - the only way to get at it I think is via TCL.
    I was wondering if someone could either (a) set the above field to non-zero [like a valid second value close to todays date] and see if that gets rid of the service interrupted problem.

or

Check what this is set to on a Tivo with live data and report back what it is.
    Maybe we can crack the Service Interrupted problem after all.

Wink

On my subed unit, LastSuccessPDGCall is 996708979

996708979? That looks about right for a Unix time_t for about now. Or, in other words, the number of seconds since 1970, Jan 1, 00:00. Sometime around the 200th day of this year (I just eyeballed it). Could probably figure out how to make up a new one or just write a two-line Perl script to tell you what today's is.
    What's that light I see at the end of the tunnel?

I have hacked the tivo so you dont need to call

i have a no more nag script that will make the tivo thing that you have a full sub lifetime account.
    If youwant the info go to http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...&threadid=2988
    its right there in black and white

Slims,

Why did you chose a Service State Expiration of "11582" and not something further in the future?

if you are already modifying the script, then why not combine the other benefits of the fixup02c.tcl script, such as automatically setting the state expiration to 365 days from $now, and whatnot. granted, your walkthrough is quite good, and very useful, i would just like to see it be as good as it can.