For more info on using xPlusz ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...9110#post79110
If you have previously used any of the locals scripts like mvchannels or the xPlusz #60 command, you should first, before using this upgrade, do a mvchannels reset or xPlusz command #61. Read the current thread for more info and this ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21100
Thanks to Dennis (dsboyce8624) for a new download site, we are releasing an upgrade for v25xtreme.
xtreme upgrade - V3.1.0 or V2.5.2 upgrade with xPlusz
by superzap, AlphaWolf and the dealdatabase.com regulars
This will upgrade your v2.5 DTiVo to v2.5.2 or
upgrade your v2.5 or v2.5.2 DTiVo to v3.1.0
works on all series 1 DirecTiVos, Sony, Phillips, Hughes
Before doing this upgrade you must understand the advantages and disadvantages.
- v3.1.0 is new and not all hacks are working, P4 required.
- v2.5.2 is a little more stable than v2.5
- Any special hacks will be lost and need to be re-installed.
- Most of the popular hacks are included.
- Recorded programs, season passes and most other settings will be retained.
- For more info read the forums
- xupgrade.zip (contains xupgrade.iso and README)
- xPlusz v3.10
- tivo command set (ls, joe, find, tivoftpd, etc.)
- noscramble, turbonet support
- tivoweb v1.9.4 final (includes whatson v1.11 and MfsStream)
READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING TO v3.1.0:
- There is a bug in the tivo os v3.1.0 that shows up in the EventSwitcher. If you want to run any TCL scripts like noppv, mvchannels, tivotitle, etc., on a schedule, the v3.1.0 EventSwitcher will die in a couple of days and the TCL scripts won't run until you reboot.
Since xPlusz is written in TCL it will be affected and will quit working when this problem occurs. A reboot is the only known remedy and rebooting on a schedule should prevent this. The next release of xPlusz will include an option to automatically do reboots on a schedule.
v2.5 and v2.5.2 does not have this problem. I doubt that tivo has any plans to fix this and unfortunately v3.1.0 is probably the last upgrade that there will be for series 1 dtivos.