Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Hybrid View

xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

For more info on using xPlusz ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...9110#post79110

If you have previously used any of the locals scripts like mvchannels or the xPlusz #60 command, you should first, before using this upgrade, do a mvchannels reset or xPlusz command #61. Read the current thread for more info and this ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21100

Thanks to Dennis (dsboyce8624) for a new download site, we are releasing an upgrade for v25xtreme.
    xtreme upgrade - V3.1.0 or V2.5.2 upgrade with xPlusz
    by superzap, AlphaWolf and the dealdatabase.com regulars

This will upgrade your v2.5 DTiVo to v2.5.2 or
    upgrade your v2.5 or v2.5.2 DTiVo to v3.1.0
    works on all series 1 DirecTiVos, Sony, Phillips, Hughes

Before doing this upgrade you must understand the advantages and disadvantages.
    • v3.1.0 is new and not all hacks are working, P4 required.
    • v2.5.2 is a little more stable than v2.5
    • Any special hacks will be lost and need to be re-installed.
    • Most of the popular hacks are included.
    • Recorded programs, season passes and most other settings will be retained.
    • For more info read the forums
    files distributed:
    • xupgrade.zip (contains xupgrade.iso and README)
    packages included:
    • xPlusz v3.10
    • tivo command set (ls, joe, find, tivoftpd, etc.)
    • noscramble, turbonet support
    • tivoweb v1.9.4 final (includes whatson v1.11 and MfsStream)
    README attached.

READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING TO v3.1.0:
    • There is a bug in the tivo os v3.1.0 that shows up in the EventSwitcher. If you want to run any TCL scripts like noppv, mvchannels, tivotitle, etc., on a schedule, the v3.1.0 EventSwitcher will die in a couple of days and the TCL scripts won't run until you reboot.

Since xPlusz is written in TCL it will be affected and will quit working when this problem occurs. A reboot is the only known remedy and rebooting on a schedule should prevent this. The next release of xPlusz will include an option to automatically do reboots on a schedule.

v2.5 and v2.5.2 does not have this problem. I doubt that tivo has any plans to fix this and unfortunately v3.1.0 is probably the last upgrade that there will be for series 1 dtivos.

http://www.pitoudistro.com/pd/xtreme.html

http://www.tivostuff.com/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by superzap; 05-07-2003 at 03:58 PM.

Anybody having links to good how to's or knowing of files left off of the downloads section, use the link on the home page to email that info to the webmaster so they can get it updated.

Dennis

Thanks for the new release! Just a few minor questions for those of us looking to rape a virgin T60 .....

I have a virgin T60 that I want to upgrade the hard drive and Xtreme at the same time, hopefully eliminating the need to move the drive between the PC and DTIVO more than once. My plan is to take the original drive and store it in the closet as a backup. What is the best way to go about it?

Can I do the following?

1. Place new virgin 120G drive into PC
    2. Boot off Xtreme ISO, install Xtreme25 onto the drive.
    3. While drive is still in PC, insert upgrade ISO CD (per above post), and install 3.1 upgrade with "-p" option to flash the T60 when it boots the first time
    4. Place 120G drive in T60 and power up the unit

???

Or will the original Xtreme's first boot/flash process conflict with the flash option of the 3.1 upgrade? If there is no conflict, do I need to use the "-p" option during the upgrade process (#3 above) or not?

Thanks for the new release!

Botcher

You should check what's on it first. If it's 2.5x just use the new one. If you need to use 25Xtreme, you need to reboot to get it all installed and setup. Then you can use the serial to upload the new one and do it without putting the drive in the PC.

Dennis

In reference to my above post, there will be nothing on the drive as it will be brand new. So I guess I still need to flash the DTIVO box via the 2.5 initial startup BEFORE doing the upgrade, correct?

DOH!

Yep.

Dennis

botcher

There's no need to install v25xtreme or flash the prom before using the xupgrade. Just follow the installation instructions method A or B and use the -p option to flash the prom.

I used xupgrade on a brand new T60 (v2.5 from factory) right out of the box.

He's starting with a blank drive.

Dennis

I added the tivostuff site to the downloads section in the How Tos sticky. I guess I should delete the duplicate links posted in the How Tos for files listed at tivostuff. Nice job Dennis!
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Just trying to make it easy to find stuff. I don't mind reading to find info, but sometimes there can be 4 versions of a file in the same thread.

Dennis

Originally posted by dsboyce8624
    He's starting with a blank drive.

Dennis
    Ok, sorry I read "virgin T60" but it looks like maybe it's a virgin T60 and the HD is being replaced with a new unused HD.

Originally posted by superzap
    Ok, sorry I read "virgin T60" but it looks like maybe it's a virgin T60 and the HD is being replaced with a new unused HD.
    To clarify for botcher, you'll need to add a couple of steps:

3. Choose to run dtivomad to use all of the 120G HD.
    4. Put HD back in dtivo and let boot untill you see the acquiring sat info screen.
    5. Put drive back into PC, insert upgrade ISO CD (per above post), and install 3.1 upgrade (-p option is not necessary but won't hurt).
    6. Place 120G drive in T60 and power up the unit

Originally posted by superzap
    To clarify for botcher, you'll need to add a couple of steps:

3. Choose to run dtivomad to use all of the 120G HD.
    4. Put HD back in dtivo and let boot untill you see the acquiring sat info screen.
    This makes sense if someone hasn't flashed their prom yet, but if I've already flashed my prom on a previous update, can I take a blank drive, install xupgrade 3.1, then put that into my DTivo and start fresh? I'm thinking of setting my current drives off to the side and taking my time.

Thanks, hope this isn't a dumb question.

-jrogers

This is an upgrade to an existing TiVo OS. It is not a full blown OS.
    There needs to be an OS allready on the drive for it to upgrade.

jrogers

Like they say, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

You need dtivo software on the HD before xupgrade will work. You could just clone your HD using mfstool or dd. Or install v25xtreme on the new HD if you don't care about the recorded shows.