Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Mag

It looks like your /tvlib/tcl/tv/SwSystem.itcl file is corrupt.

Unhappy

SZ - What should I do?

29 Channel not available message

OK, last night after working successfully for a week, I had TiVo set up to record 2 network shows at once starting at 700PM. It just happened that I sat down to watch (60 Minutes) about 3 minutes after the top of the hour. It showed that it was recording it in 'now showing', but when I selected it, there was no audio or video. I went to 'live TV', selected the appropriate channel, and hit record. It then recorded normally. Same thing happened with Dateline (at the same time).

This made me pretty nervous about the other stuff I had set up to record (all on local channels) later in the night. At 900PM, I saw that again, it showed that it was recording in 'now playing', but no data. This time when I went to 'live tv', it said 'channel not available'. But it was not just that channel or just my locals, it was all channels! So I hit the power button, and instead of just going into standby, it turned off and rebooted. After the reboot everything worked normally again.

What gives? Did the unit get too hot? Run out of memory like a computer? Have a brain glitch?
    Has anyone else had this happen?

SAT-T60, TiVo 252xtreme, subbed P4 with locals subbed, 120 GB hdd, no other mods.
    Last edited by fdx45; 05-19-2003 at 01:08 PM.

Mag

I'm attaching a copy of /tvlib/tcl/tv/SwSystem.itcl. Make a copy of yours for safety and replace it with this one and give it another try. Never seen that happen before.

BTW I'm just guessing this is the problem. If this doesn't work, I suggest you load on v25xtreme and then do the xupgrade. Be aware that you will lose all your recordings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by superzap; 05-19-2003 at 03:16 PM.

Unhappy

SZ:

Thanks for the info. I tried it. but no luck. I guess I'll have to reinstall 2.5.

nevermind, I think I found the answer.
    Last edited by raulvaldez; 05-21-2003 at 08:02 AM.

I recently upgraded to 2.5.2 and since then I've been experiencing frequent pixelization.
    I never had this problem with 2.5
    I am attributing this (pure speculation) to some process taking too much cpu, but am not sure about the root cause.

I noticed that if through telnet I issue the command xp "#12"
    until xplusz displays all of the data, I get freezing on Tivo, it starts with pixelization and then eventually freezes.

I don't mind doing all the necessary digging and the leg work, but if anybody has experienced similar problems or has any pointers on where to start, I'd greatly appreciate it.

TIA
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

arthur

Could be that some marginal hard drive errors are occuring on the partitions used after the upgrade. When the tivo does an upgrade, the alternate root and kernel partitions are used for the new version.

thanks superzap,
    any way to remedy this?
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

First, check the /var/log/kernel for errors and run some drive diagnostics. Replacing the hard drive is the only remedy that I know of.

telnet over IP

I just used your xupgrade 2.52.

I would like to get telnet over IP back.

Any sugestions?

TIA

CSeeley

cseeley

Did you use the xPlusz command to turn on telnet? See the link in the first post in this thread.

Telnet over IP

Sure did.

I can get telnet access over the serial port, but I would like to have it over the Ethernet port.

By the way thanks for the prompt reply!!

Regards,

CSeeley

Re: Telnet over IP

Originally posted by cseeley
    Sure did.

I can get telnet access over the serial port, but I would like to have it over the Ethernet port.

By the way thanks for the prompt reply!!

Regards,

CSeeley
    Another note: The update was installed over Kravens update.

cseeley

You might have installed something like separate turbonet support that broke the xPlusz startup. If you did that make sure the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net is
    /etc/rc.d/rc.remote-login &