Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Re: cseeley

Originally posted by superzap
    You might have installed something like separate turbonet support that broke the xPlusz startup. If you did that make sure the last thing in /etc/rc.d/rc.net is
    /etc/rc.d/rc.remote-login &
    SuperZap.

#!/bin/bash
    # Copyright (c) 2001-2002 TiVo Inc.
    #

if [ "$DEBUG_BOARD" != true -o "$dhcp" == true ]; then
    if detectDynamicNet; then
    mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp
    /sbin/dhclient -q "$DYNAMIC_NET_DEV" 2>/dev/null &
    fi
    fi

/etc/rc.d/rc.remote-login &

That is how it looks!!

I don't get it!!

I installed Kravens grade When got my turbnet card. At that time I was interested in getting telnet over ethernet to transfer large files.

Now I'm interested in getting my Video off of the Tivo.

I installed Your 2.52 Upgrade. Activated telnet with the remote. ( I did this several times, thinking it wasn't working. Then I realized that I had it over the serial port) I the activated tivoweb and ftp with the remote. and several other things using the xp command.

I then installed tystudio server, and no scramble (xpz remote command).

I don't think that noscramble is working, cause I can watch old recordings. I did record one new thing today, tystudio does not list it in its listbox, and I get an invalid page when i attempt to download it with tivoweb ui. ( I'm not sure where the actual files are stored on the tivo.) I have not tried to watch that recording, cause the wife took over the tv and tivo so she could watch American Idol ........ I need to keep her happy too!!

Your help is much appreciated. It has been quite a while since I tinkered with this thing!

Regards C Seeley

cseeley

Did you install KRavEN upgrade on top of this upgrade? Take a look at the /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log file to see if xPlusz is starting.

Re: cseeley

Originally posted by superzap
    Did you install KRavEN upgrade on top of this upgrade? Take a look at the /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log file to see if xPlusz is starting.
    No, I installed KRavEN upgrade before.

It appears that xPlusz is starting, here is the log file.

C. Seeley
    Attached Files Attached Files

quick upgrade question

a real quick question for a (somewhat) newbie trying to upgrade to 252.

i've been running extreme25 for well over a year and all has worked very well. i am trying to run the upgrade. i've got my bootable cd, and i popped out my tivo hd and put it into a spare pc in place of its hd.

when i boot up, the cd runs, loads files, and gives me the couple prompts. finally, i get the "#" prompt. when i enter the "upgrd252.sh" command, i get the following:

"source files are on /dev/hdc. enter the device name of your dtvio 'a' drive"

i started playing with jumper settings, etc., but am concerned this isn't the problem. i've tried virtually every jumper/primary/secondary cable combination. i've tried to reference it as hdb/hdc/hdd. do i need to use some "mount" command as soon as i get a prompt? if so, what?

please help! what am i doing wrong? thanks so much in advance.
    Last edited by iluvtivo; 05-21-2003 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks SZ,
    fsfix didn't find any problems, though it hung my Tivo, at least through Tivo unit.
    I still had telnet connection active.
    I turned off NOPHONE option, so that I get the logs back, and still I see kernel log = 0 bytes
    does that mean that there are no errors, or does that mean it's still not being logged?

TIA
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

cseeley

Did you activate TELNET with #43,1?

Run #0#12 from call waiting prefix or xp "#12" from bash to see what is activated.

iluvtivo

You can't put your tivo drive on primary/master (hda). It must be on
    hdb = IDE Primary Slave
    or
    hdc = IDE Secondary Master
    or
    hdd = IDE Secondary Slave

arthur

To get the logs to work as normal, you might also need to start the logging daemon as it is not active as part of the xupgrade.
    If you're familiar with editing rc.sysinit do this (if not be careful). Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and find this code around line 560:
    Code:
    #if [ "$runsyslog" = false ]; then
    #  echo "No logging daemons started..."
    #else
    #  echo "Starting logging daemons..."
    #  rm -f /var/run/syslogd.pid /var/run/klogd.pid
    #  syslogd -p /var/dev/log -m 10000
    #  klogd
    #fi
    and remove the # from the beginning of each of those 8 lines. Then reboot.

superzap

thanks for the reply. i'll keep trying. i apologize for the elementary nature of my question.

for those of us not overly familiar with linux, once i figure out which one (hdb,hdc,hdd) it is, i have to mount rw, correct?

i'm now getting a message that says it's (not sure if it's talking about the cd or hd) read-only.

is this the command?

mount -o rw

thanks again

Thanks SZ,
    I did the changes. I'll see what log I get later tonight.
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

iluvtivo

You shouldn't have to mount anything, it's done in the script. Occasionally you might have to mount the cdrom, but that's rare. It's normal for the cdrom to be automatically mounted read only.

Ok, so I've got everything installed, most of it works. I have noscramble turned on, I have mfsstream turned on, I have tivoweb turned on, telnet + ftp turned on. When I access tivoweb I cannot download any of the .ty files, IE looks like it's going to grab them, the download ends very quickly, all that is left in the PC directory is a 0kb file. Has anyone experienced this? Is there something else that I need to turn on?

Thanks,
    Raul

Thanks

Justed wanted to say thanks all for the info... up and running with locals again.

raulvaldez

Someone else posted this previously:
    I saw that the file /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg contained:

path=/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl

but, mfs_stream is in /tivoweb-tcl

so, changing that line to: path=/tivoweb-tcl
    seemed to fix things and now I can download ty streams from the tivoweb.

1st let me start by giving you all a HUGE thank you for all the work you all have been doing on the TIVO front. I was introduced to this scene about 6 months ago when I was given a T-60 that had a 120gig HD added to it as a gift. Needless to say, I soon fell in love with my TIVO. Then a week or so ago I was watching TechTV and what do I see.... wow, they are hacking the TIVO and it can do a TON of stuff! I about fell off my couch! They gave a link to this site.. so now your stuck with me! Muwhahahaha =)

Now, here is my problem....

After reading about all the great things you can do with a Turbonet card, I ordered one. I was also reading the thread about locals dropping (a problem effecting me) so I knew I needed to upgrade to atleast 2.52

I pulled my HD out yesterday and applied the 2.52 update and then (think this was the mistke) I applied the turbonet software. I see the 252 folder in the var/hack section, and a ton of files in the 252 dir.

But... when I check my system information, its still showing me as being at 2.5-01-1-011

Did I screw up the update by applying the TurboNet software after the update?

And if so, should I just re-apply the 2.52 update? or is there an easier way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!