Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

More questions

I have a few friends here that want to modify their S1 DTiVos with all the upgrades listed here. I am too busy to do them by hand for them. I would use this tool, but I want to know the answer to these questions first....

* Can I install this without putting 25Xtreme on their system first?(this is NOT a new HDD, just their original HDD)
    * Can I safely remove the piece that allows that allows the system to continue without phone calls home? (I know...I am wierd like that)

Are both of these things possible?

Also, does it come with a free football phone? Are you going to send the swimsuit people over? ...oh wait...wrong questions...

Ellipse

What if you are putting a virgin 120GB drive as master and the original DTiVo 40GB drive (Not-xtreme'd) as slave. Can you use this upgrade?

Thanks!

Yes but you must first do the 2 drive Xtreme install and reboot. Then do this upgrade.

Dennis

Re: More questions

Originally posted by Ellipse
    * Can I install this without putting 25Xtreme on their system first?(this is NOT a new HDD, just their original HDD)
    Yes, if v2.5 or v2.5.2 is already installed
    * Can I safely remove the piece that allows that allows the system to continue without phone calls home? (I know...I am wierd like that)
    You don't have to remove anything. If you don't activate the xPlusz NOPHONE option, everthing else should work ok providing you have a subbed P4.

Are you just wanting this for file access or? If you connect a phone line, the tivo service will try to upgrade the software. You could put in a dialing prefix like 9 so that outgoing calls will fail, but then after 31 days of not making a successful call you will get daily nag messages. The subbed P4 with tivo service activated will keep the recording feature going. My answers are directed toward doing a v3.1.0 upgrade, the v2.5.2 os works mostly like v2.5.

P4 and 3.1

Why would most of us want to do this upgrade if it forces a P4 card? My P4 don't get as many channels as Hu card

Re: P4 and 3.1

Originally posted by shawn
    Why would most of us want to do this upgrade if it forces a P4 card? My P4 don't get as many channels as Hu card
    If that applies to you, it's one of the tradeoffs you'll have to consider. Or, just read some more and figure out how to do the mod to lift that restriction. Just don't talk about it on this forum as it's against the rules and you'll anger the management.

shawn

That's one reason you also have the option to go with v2.5.2 and get all the same hacks preloaded.

ERROR???

Why do I get this error when trying to run the upgrade to v252:

ERROR: GZ/utils extract failed: cpio: v252.tar: No such file or directory

I have a T60 with 25Xtreme and the Kraven upgrade. I have remounted my drive rw and I have transferred the two rquired files over. I have also done a chmod +x on upgrd252.tcl.

What is wrong here? I'm stumped...

Thanks for the help.

dasatelliteguy

Make sure BOTH the upgrd252.tcl and v252.tar files are in /var/hack and that you "cd /var/hack" before you run "./upgrd252.tcl" as the README says.

If you don't run the upgrd252.tcl script from /var/hack and/or if the v252.tar file isn't in /var/hack, it will give that error.

Did the upgrade to 2.5.2. Worked like a charm on my DSR. Very smooth. Thank you all very much indeed.

Small observations: In the readme you didn't mention any defaults for the xPlusz settings. Maybe in future releases you could provide a few typical settings? Also, it's likely there but I couldn't find where it says the big yellow pause button is the "," key.

I'm happy. If this fixes my weekly reboot I'll be in heaven.

Oh yes, I'd be in Nirvana if somebody could PM me how to get all the locals in my spotbeam. I have ExtremeHU too. Thanks!!

Any trick to getting xPlusz up and running? None of the codes seem to work for me. The only additional thing that I did after the upgrade was to run the airnet install CD to get my wireless card working again. Now, my wireless is working just fine, but I can't seem to get xPlusz running so that I can turn on the ftp and telnet. Isn't it supposed to be running by default? Any trick to this?

Originally posted by Astrogoth

Small observations: In the readme you didn't mention any defaults for the xPlusz settings. Maybe in future releases you could provide a few typical settings? Also, it's likely there but I couldn't find where it says the big yellow pause button is the "," key.
    From the readme:
    xPlusz v3.10 will be installed with either of the upgrades. Most all of the features are turned off by default. Use the commands to activate the features you want.
    A new command, named xp can be used to activate functions from bash. The xp command just gives another way, instead of the call waiting prefix, to run xPlusz commands.
    The pause key is explained right on the screen when you're entering the call waiting prefix. Standard tivo procedure.

Originally posted by SynAck
    Any trick to getting xPlusz up and running? None of the codes seem to work for me. The only additional thing that I did after the upgrade was to run the airnet install CD to get my wireless card working again. Now, my wireless is working just fine, but I can't seem to get xPlusz running so that I can turn on the ftp and telnet. Isn't it supposed to be running by default? Any trick to this?
    The airnet install must have broke something. Try getting the xplusz310.zip and reinstalling. If you still have problems, I need to see:
    the display from the "ps x" command
    3 files from /etc/rc.d/
    rc.sysinit rc.remote-login rc.net

Make sure BOTH the upgrd252.tcl and v252.tar files are in /var/hack and that you "cd /var/hack" before you run "./upgrd252.tcl" as the README says.
    They are both in that directory and of course I cd to /var/hack prior to running the upgrade script. Any other ideas?

Thanks.