Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

VCD_Junky!

I'm getting the same error. I haven't used MfsStream before and just followed the install instructions when I added it to xPlusz and xupgrade. My apologies for not testing it. The only thing that is different as mentioned above by mtntrx, is that the directory is not /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl as mentioned in the install instructions. It is installed in /tivoweb-tcl with v1.9.4 tivoweb. I don't think installing tivoweb in the var partition is a good idea since var can be rebuilt by the tivo os. I'll look into it as time permits and maybe someone will come up with a fix in the meantime.

EDIT UPDATE: It seems to be working now. All I did is create the /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl directory, activate MFSSTREAM (#42,1) and reboot. I didn't change mfsstream.cfg at all. Give that a try and let us know.

Like I said it seems to work, at least no "page not found". But when I click on save for the download I get 0 bytes transferred?
    Last edited by superzap; 01-26-2003 at 01:02 PM.

Me too...

I am now at the same place, downloading 0 byte ty files...

VCD_Junky!

I guess others are having same problem ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=20901

The suspect is the httpd server. I even tried the latest version 0.98b without success. Anybody having success?

Re: VCD_Junky!

Originally posted by superzap
    I guess others are having same problem ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=20901

The suspect is the httpd server. I even tried the latest version 0.98b without success. Anybody having success?
    I can report the same problem. Tried to transfer a ty file and got 0 bytes.
    I thought it might be the noscramble_mbm vs noscramble.o. I had mbm loaded, but since I don't have any recordings that are scrambled, I went ahead and rebooted with noscramble.o active instead of noscramble_mbm. I will make a small recording, try to transfer it and let everyone know.
    B

Well, I can't report success The part recorded with noscramble.o produced the same results. 0 bytes transferred.
    I also tried to activate TyTool5, but I am guessing there are some compatibility issues with TyTool and 3.1.
    That's my 2 cents worth.
    B

Problem fixed!

I was able to fix the mfsstream problem with the following steps (some may not be necessary, but it worked for me)
    1. Download MfsStreamWeb98b
    2. Copy mfs_stream and tyhttpd to /tivoweb-tcl (overwriting if/when prompted); then chmod 755 tyhttpd mfs_stream
    3. Copy the contents of the modules folder to /tivoweb-tcl/modules (overwriting if/when prompted)
    4. Edit the file /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg to have the path point to /tivoweb-tcl
    5. Reboot and download ty streams.
    Last edited by VCD_Junky!; 01-26-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Step 5 does nothing, echo doesn't start anything. If you edit rc.sysinit as supplied with xupgrade be very careful as you could lose bash.

It is working for me now. I think the problem is that mfs_stream needs to be in /tivoweb-tcl and not in /tivoweb-tcl/modules. The readme isn't clear on that. If you're having the problem try copying mfs_stream from /tivoweb-tcl/modules to /tivoweb-tcl.

Post edited... thnx.

Originally posted by superzap
    Step 5 does nothing, echo doesn't start anything. If you edit rc.sysinit as supplied with xupgrade be very careful as you could lose bash.

It is working for me now. I think the problem is that mfs_stream needs to be in /tivoweb-tcl and not in /tivoweb-tcl/modules. The readme isn't clear on that. If you're having the problem try copying mfs_stream from /tivoweb-tcl/modules to /tivoweb-tcl.
    superzap I did what you said here but still, when I tried to download it still gives me 0kb.?

hom3l3ss, did you try the steps above?

Originally posted by VCD_Junky!
    hom3l3ss, did you try the steps above?
    no not yet, cuz I don't want to touch the rc.sysinit file but i'll probably try, after that steps that you did were you able to download those ty streams VCD_junky?

Evidently you don't have to edit the rc.sysinit file. I had, but I had an echo command before my line which I guess negated the line. But yes, after those steps, I was able to download without a problem..

Originally posted by VCD_Junky!
    Evidently you don't have to edit the rc.sysinit file. I had, but I had an echo command before my line which I guess negated the line. But yes, after those steps, I was able to download without a problem..
    thanks VCD_junky got it figured out, just need to point the mfsstream.cfg on the right directory, it's working like a charm now

Another TivoWeb problem...

Just wondering if anyone else experiences a problem when they go to User Interface -> Channel Guide -> All ?

I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_channellist '/1' ''
    invalid attribute: oIndex
    while executing
    "dbobj $station get ${varname}oIndex"
    ("uplevel" body line 8)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    for {set count $i} {$count < $maxchannelcount} {incr count} {
    binary scan [string range $channeltabledata [expr $count*8..."
    (procedure "::action_channellist" line 34)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Any thoughts?

Works like a champ!

Worked like a champ.

Superzap,

You might want to look at the install, I don't believe the mfs_steam file was even on my system for some reason, just the .itcl, .cfg, and .alt files.

Thanks all
    Daveinfla