Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Ok i'm going to have to wait till tommrow when i get my serial cable way to much work to move the drives over

Re: madlad

Originally posted by superzap
    Turn on NOPHONE from bash like this:
    xp "#21,1"
    or enter
    #21,1
    in the call waiting prefix

You don't need SubTest, doesn't do anything with this upgrade.

After making a Daily Call, if you see Failed at the last call status from the Phone Connection screen, just go back one menu and forward again to the Phone Connection menu and you should see it changed to Succeeded. What's important is that you see Lifetime Service (for v2.5.2) or Account in Good Standing (for v3.1.0) in Account Status on the System Info screen and you can record.
    SZ, I've upgraded from kraven's 2.5 to version 3.1 using xupgrade(that version had been "touched").

I've entered #21,1 in the call waiting prefex (getting the correct "succeeded" message).

Next, I made a daily call which failed. I went back one menu and the forward, however, my accout status remains "closed" with all DVR functions disabled.

Any advise as to what I am missing?

Jason
    --
    jase

jase7269

Re: jase7269

For DVR functions see this http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21097
    So does this mean I'm screwed unless I go back to 2.5 xtreme and then back up to 2.52?
    --
    jase

jase7269

I assume you're using a P4? That was mentioned in the first post of this thread. DTV can add the DVR service. Or you'll need go to another hacking site and figure out what to do to the card.

Ok guys .. new set of questions

I've got my T60 setup and running SZ's 2.5.2, installed the airnet drivers, i can ping the tivo no problem, i have bash over serial no problem.

After install the airnet drivers the caller id activating of xplusz scripts stopped working, but i could still run them via "xp" from bash .. so i turned on 43, 45, 46 (telnet, tivoweb, ftpd) and restarted the receiver .. i can still ping it but still can't telnet, ftp or port 80 into it ..

Advice on how to fix the problem ? Obviously its something the airnet drivers did and I understand you didnt write them, just wondering if you have some helpful advice on how to get these 3 functions to work now ? Seems like the xp commands "execute" but the changes aren't taking effect ? Even with #21,1 active ..

riekl

I've attached a shell script which will gather some info from your tivo to diagnose your problem. Unzip the file and transfer xts.sh to your tivo, chmod +x xts.sh, run xts.sh, and transfer the output file /var/hack/xprob, zip it and attach to a post. Alternately you could email the xprob file to me, send pm for email addy.
    Last edited by superzap; 02-22-2003 at 12:21 PM.

Superzap,

Man you are fast and a god ..

Of course after I posted for help I found someone in a similiar situation that found a fix:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...t=xplus+airnet

I now have it up and running whether or not the nophone part is working I don't know yet but i image it is i can now telnet in and use tivoweb .. thank you !!!!

Re: jase7269

So, to clarify this (I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem), if you are using a subbed P4 but do not have a sub to TIVO from DTV with that P4 card then the tivo DVR functions will not work when you upgrade to 3.1.0 (regardless of the #21,1) without doing some sort of hacking to the P4 card itself?

If I am not correct above then could the reason that I am getting "Account Closed" be because DTV is in the process of sending me a new P4 card because I called about my locals going away last week?

I assume you're using a P4? That was mentioned in the first post of this thread. DTV can add the DVR service. Or you'll need go to another hacking site and figure out what to do to the card.
    Last edited by K A; 02-22-2003 at 10:22 PM.

K A

If you have a subbed P4, call DTV and for $4.99 a month they will add the DVR authorization to your card and the account status will change to "Account in good standing". #21,1 is NOPHONE and should allow you to run without a phone line connected, preventing nag messages and clearing the logs. Remember without a phone line you will have problems purchasing PPVs.

Superzap spoke:

>>> if you installed v2.5.2 over v2.5 you will see a slightly different boot299.btl and a bunch of other file differences also. <<<

Understood. Is there any reason, from experience or theory, to think that a boot299.btl (just to pick a random example) from 2.5 wouldn't work long term under 2.52? Or 3.1?

That a specific btl file "works" in a newer system can be determined by simply trying it. I have done that successfully. My question is about the long term use of such a btl file. Any reason to anticipate problems down the line?

Thanks

no display to screen?

I did the upgrade from 2.5 with kraven, to 2.5.2 with superzaps xPlusZ and now I cant seem to get the funtions to stay running?

if there is a reboot or even just a short while, it seems noppv is not working, and i tryed the #0,#12 to display whats going on to the screen, but all i get is "suceeded" and no information.

if i go to serial bash, it appears all the commands work, but no results?
    My .02 cents, yours may vary by inflation

ace351

Lose the comma, this is the command:
    #0#12

Here's some info on noppv http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=20944

ok, i found an older readme on xPlusz and was able to figure out how to display the log with backdoors.

sidenote: this is a new install of xtreme i am doing for a friend, just xtremed a new 80 gig, and updated to 2.5.2 with xPlusz

on noppv, the noppv was activated (#23,1) and set for 900 seconds (#3,900), the noppv.log shows it ran 1 time and fixed a bunch of shows, then ran 1 more time fixing 0 shows. after that 48 hrs later it did not show any run times.

i stopped noppv, left it alone overnight, tryed to run it again, logs show it fixed 0 showing?
    My .02 cents, yours may vary by inflation