Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

CRD2002

Locals locals locals!

Well folks I got the guide to populate for several other locals in my spotbeam by changing the guide byte and letting it stay that way overnight. In the AM I still had my normal locals guide info along with the new stuff. Take your time!

locals!

Good news on the multilocals... hopefully my single locals will come up.

about the multiple locals, how can I find out which locals I'm capable of picking up with my particular area. I'm in Boston, and I am just curious of what other locals are available. I'm happy having one, but curious.

and I'm being patient on my local channels guide info.

Thanks,
    jrogers

Oh those locals

question about T60_Xtreme252 on tivostuff.com

Superzap,

The Sony T60_Xtreme252 image that is now located on tivostuff and/or the mirror sites... Does this image "flash" the prom, or is it the same 252 image that was posted back in November on the pitroudist site, and was discussed here in great detail, which required flashing the prom first?

Thanks
    Botcher

botcher

I think is the same image as at pitoudistro.com

quote from Astrogoth:
    "Well folks I got the guide to populate for several other locals in my spotbeam by changing the guide byte and letting it stay that way overnight. In the AM I still had my normal locals guide info along with the new stuff. Take your time!"

hey Astrogoth are you running 2.52 or 3.1?
    thx,
    q

also 2nd question for anyone running the 2.52 upgrade and then tried using tivonet....let me get this straight (as i am slow in the head at times) after you upgrade from xtreme 2.5 to the 2.52 update with xplusz you DON'T have to install any thing else to get tivonet working..just turn it on in xplusz and you are done. the drivers are already loaded in the update correct?? i am using a static IP addy but i can use the fix from the earier post on this thread as a work around for that right?? please let me know because i have spent the last 4 hours trying to put a driver in from the FAQ sticky and i am getting a knot on my pointed little head from hitting a brick wall.
    thanks for the patience with me guys,
    q
    Last edited by quantum_3; 01-20-2003 at 05:22 PM.

Hey Mr Q-3. I just upgraded to 2.5.2. No problems with the upgrade. My only ongoing issue is with the locals. I want to have several, my DSR6000 has other ideas. Talks continue. So far I can get the guide info for most but not all the places I want. And, if that's not odd enough I can only watch one at a time, depending on the cards locals byte. Not what I had in mind.

thats not good...let me know how it goes....so far all of my spotbeam locals are "to be announced" and i put bhm local byte on it 7 hours ago. if it stays this way i will have to go back to 2.51..now that would really stink.

Drive size

Hey superzap quick question before I upgraded I had 106 hrs estimated recording time now I have 69 hrs recording time so is this update that big 2.5.2 or do I have some junk left on the hard drive. I have done a clear and delete everything reset on the tivo and same thing should I reformat the harddrives, Original 40 quantum fireball and new 80 maxtor, and could you help with the command to reformat

Thanks
    Spacehead

spacehead

Your space problem has nothing to do with this upgrade.

Go back and start over and install v25xtreme. Make the 80GB drive the A drive and the 40GB the B drive. Make sure you put both the drives in the pc when you run v25xtreme and answer "y" to the question "Would you like to run DirecTivoMad now". When finished put the drives in the dtivo and let it boot. Then check the amount of space it reports. After you're satisfied it's correct, do the upgrade.

lifetime vs good standing on 3.1

Superzap,

I did a fresh install of 2.5 then upgraded to 3.1 using xupgrade.
    turned on NOPHONE #21,1 - I noticed in system info it shows as Account in good standing. I saw in another post of your you came up with a new way of working on 3.1- so my question is - is this normal for 3.1 ?

thanks

and thanks for all your time and effort you put into this hobby.

its_me

its_me

I'm not sure I understand your question. Account in good standing for v3.1 means you're subbed and can use the pvr functions. It's either on or off, there's no more lifetime subs starting with v3.1.

Re: its_me

Originally posted by superzap
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Account in good standing for v3.1 means you're subbed and can use the pvr functions. It's either on or off, there's no more lifetime subs starting with v3.1.
    Superzap,

I'm sorry that is what I was trying to ask.

Thanks again

Its_me

xPlusz Issue

Superzap-

Great 2.5.2 upgrade -and it was working perfectly until I encountered an error in trying to utilize the edit function in TivoWeb. After a reboot, neither TivoWeb nor Nophone function and when I attempt to input the correct call waiting numbers for those programs, a message stating "terminated: two or more programs running" appears. I've tried a couple of subsequent reboots but same result. Not all the hacks have disappeared as Tivonet and ftp still work but I'm not sure whether I need to reinstall or if there is an easier workaround? Thanks.