Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

lardnar

Have you tried the commands more that once and always get that message? That should only happen if you're entering commands rapidly. Take a look at /var/hack/xPlusz/xPlusz.log for errors. And do a
    ps x
    command to see if xPlusz.tcl is active.

Superzap

I've tried the nophone and TivoWeb commands several times and the terminating language arises each time. The xPlusz logs don't list any errors but they don't list any activity in the last two reboots either. The ps x command lists the following

174 ? SW 0:01 tivosh /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl
    178 ? R 0:00 tivosh /hack/bin/xPlusz/xPluszDvr.tcl
    and
    198 ? S 0:00 /hack/bin/xPlusz/cron

among numerous other commands.

xPlusz terminating: 2 or more running

lardnar,
    I had the same problem. I deleted the /hack/bin/xPlusz directory and reinstalled xPlusz 310.

rm -r /hack/bin/xPlusz

Download xPlusz310 here: http://www.tivostuff.com

Transfer setup and xPsz.tar.gz to /var/hack

chmod +x setup

./setup

Choose no for upgrade. (it detects the former xPlusz310 install).
    Choose mods desired.
    reboot and good to go.

I'm glad I could contribute for once.

Marksman

31 Thanks!

Thanks Marksmanaz - that did the trick. Not sure if this was a TivoWeb issue or not but i don't think I'll try editing or scheduling in TivoWeb again. Thanks again.

Duh... A reminder.

I hope all of you rebooted your DTivos after you have keyed in your xPlusz commands. Things worked much better when I remembered that my DSR6000 was a computer and needed a fresh start.

TivoWeb

TivoWeb is working fine for me except Mfsstreams. I can download any of the recordings but I can't edit or delete.

Here's a new one....

Trying to update, getting error....

Enter device............

mounting hdd7...
    mounting hdd9....

unsupported TiVo software version 2.0, aborting....

cleaning up....

What is this error mean??? I do not have version 2.0 It is 2.5, xtreme'd, etc. Why is it telling me this??? Tried the same on brand new out of box 100gb bought few days ago, loaded 25xtreme, mad (to expand), then tried this 2.5.2 update and same thing, "unsupported TiVo....." Put the new drive in TiVo and keeps rebooting to powing up screen. Searched power related problems, seems I'm not the only one with this mess.... Have tried every suggestion about 50 of them... with no luck. I am completely convinced that their is NO WAY to buy a brand new hard drive and load 25xtreme and just have it work. I have tried EVERYTHING. Have been on it now for about 300-350 hours total now.... and just giving up. Maybe I'll use the new hard drive in my computer.

memike

After you load v25xtreme on your hard drive are you putting it into the dtivo and letting it boot at least 1 time? You have to do this before attempting the xupgrade.

FYI: v25xtreme is really v2.0 pending restart to install v2.5. You have to let it boot once to get the v2.5 tivo os to install. Then you can install the xupgrade.

Re: memike

Originally posted by superzap
    After you load v25xtreme on your hard drive are you putting it into the dtivo and letting it boot at least 1 time? You have to do this before attempting the xupgrade.

FYI: v25xtreme is really v2.0 pending restart to install v2.5. You have to let it boot once to get the v2.5 tivo os to install. Then you can install the xupgrade.

Okay... makes sense... Answers that question... Now I have to find a way to get my new HD with a fresh upgrade to boot up past "powering up" screen and I'll be able to update....

Thanks for the reply...

You need to double check your jumper setting on your drive.
    If it is set to cable select try setting it to master.
    If it is set to master try using cable select.
    You might have to experiment with the jumper settings.

31Upgrade

I have tried several times to upgrade to 3.1, but everytime I get the "severe error has occurred" screen. After it finally fixes itself, xplusz does not work. Has anyone had this problem? Any recommendations.

dogbreath

Do I have the P4 PVR tier to record?

When I was running a HU card I paid $250 for a lifetime sub for TiVo. DirecTV did send me a P4 card, and I have been using it for about 2 months maybe more. I pay monthly for Total Choice Premier w/Locals. It hasn't had a phone line plugged into it for over a year. At least one it can call out on. Does my P4 card have the tier needed for my DirecTiVo to record? From my understanding it should since I paid for the lifetime sub, and I pay monthly for Total Choice Premier and this package includes it without paying extra. So I know I "should" have it. I don't want to upgrade and then not be able to record anything. I guess I could call DirecTV and they should be able to fix that. Does anyone know? Has anyone upgraded to 3.1 in a situation like mine?

since i have upgraded to 2.5.2 i cant get my locals guide to come back, they show (to be announced) and thats after 2 days. anyone have any suggestions? i also cleared my program data & to do list with no success bringing them back. thanks

hey superzap,
    it looks like the den pulled the guide do you have a copy of it?