Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply superzap. I guess I was just looking for an easy way to install most of the necessary hacks without losing data, or having to take the drives out. Guess I could try 3.1 and see what happens.

Keep up the good work!
    Gill

Unhappy Tivoweb died!

Superzap,

As you may remember I upgraded to 2.5.2 with xplusz the other night and all has been well until last night.

I had to powerdown do to a power outage, tivo is on a UPS but it was an extended outage os I shut it down.

Well this evening I couldn't telnet or ping my tivo, so I rebooted.

Telnet and tivoftpd came backup but tivoweb didn't. I retyped xp "#45,1" and it comfirmed the command was already active. I manually started it and it worked.

I tried an xp "#45,0" rebooted, then an xp "#45,1" and rebooted. NO LUCK.

The only think I did between the install and tonight was enabling MFSSTREAM via the xp "#42,1" command. I turned it off before trying the above commands.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave
    Daveinfla

PS...Tivoweb and MFSSTREAM problems...

Superzap,

Found the problem. Enabling #44,1 READONLY disables tivoweb, any idea why? I noticed the following error in the tvdebuglog log file which lead me to it:

Sat Jan 25 03 00:40:18 executing sdelaysz.tcl 600 tmonsz.sh 43200 noppvsz.tcl xPlusz_noppv in background
    couldn't write file "/hack/bin/xPlusz/noppv.log": read-only file system
    while executing
    "exec $xPlusz::BIN_DIR/sdelaysz.tcl 600 $xPlusz::BIN_DIR/tmonsz.sh $val $xPlusz::BIN_DIR/noppvsz.tcl xPlusz_noppv >>& $xPlusz::BIN_DIR/noppv.log &"
    (procedure "noppv" line 22)
    invoked from within
    "noppv "BG""
    (file "/hack/bin/xPlusz/xPlusz.tcl" line 3500)

I'm also having a problem getting MFSSTREAM to work. I enabled it and tryed to download a file thru tivoweb but it creates a 0 byte file?

I also noticed the following processes running, are they part of MFSSTREAM, I didn't notice them before turning it on:

183 ? S 0:00 /tivo-bin/tyhttpd 2000 4
    186 ? S 0:00 /tivo-bin/tyhttpd 2000 4
    187 ? S 0:00 /tivo-bin/tyhttpd 2000 4
    188 ? S 0:00 /tivo-bin/tyhttpd 2000 4

Thanks,

Dave
    Daveinfla

problem in mfsstream.cfg in 2.5.2

daveinfla:

I had the same problem.
    I could not get mfsstream to work from tivoweb after doing the Xupgread 2.5.2. All I'd get is a 0 byte file when I clicked on the showname in the MFS Stream page.

I saw that the file /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg contained:

path=/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl

but, mfs_stream is in /tivoweb-tcl

so, changing that line to: path=/tivoweb-tcl
    seemed to fix things and now I can download ty streams from the tivoweb.

I don't know if I screwed something up during my upgrade and caused this problem myself, but this change seemed to fix it.

I think I also updated files in the tivoweb-tcl/modules from mfsstreamweb98b

The files were:
    mfsstream.cfg mfsstream.cfg.alt mfsstream.itcl

Hope that helps...

Superzap, did we do something wrong?
    By the way: you the man!
    Last edited by mtntrx; 01-25-2003 at 04:01 AM.

daveinfla

You found a xPlusz problem when using NOPPV and READONLY. A work-around is to not use both at the same time. A fix is to change xPlusz.tcl line 557 (procedure "noppv" line 22) at the end from:
    $xPlusz::BIN_DIR/noppv.log &
    to
    $xPlusz::VAR_DIR/noppv.log &

I'll fix this with the next release of xPlusz.

mtntrx

Good work, you found the MfsStream problem.

To recap, the fix is to edit /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg and change line 8 to the path that contains mfs_stream.
    or just creating the directory /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl might also fix the problem.

airnet vs xPlusz continued

A little background since there are weaving threads...

I have a DSR6000/159 hours 25extremed, Kraven upgraded (before I knew of xupgrade), xupgraded to 2.5.2. I also have airnet.

Between the KRavEN update and xupgrade airnet worked allowing me FTP and telnet access.

I put in the 2.5.2 upgrade and xPlusz and everything went smoothly except that airnet stopped working, so I popped the drive and reinstalled the drivers. Now I can Ping that static IP but Telnet and FTP refuse connection (I turned them on using the remote commands before reinstalling airnet) AND now xPlusz no longer works.

I feel like if I reinstall xPlusz airnet might stop working again....

unless anyone has a better idea, I might hope that it was the 2.5.2 upgrade that killed airnet and if I reinstall ONLY the xPlusZ they might all play together so I can go and try and break it all again with tivoweb...

thoughts?

Re: airnet vs xPlusz continued

Originally posted by largecranium
    A little background since there are weaving threads...

I have a DSR6000/159 hours 25extremed, Kraven upgraded (before I knew of xupgrade), xupgraded to 2.5.2. I also have airnet.

Between the KRavEN update and xupgrade airnet worked allowing me FTP and telnet access.

I put in the 2.5.2 upgrade and xPlusz and everything went smoothly except that airnet stopped working, so I popped the drive and reinstalled the drivers. Now I can Ping that static IP but Telnet and FTP refuse connection (I turned them on using the remote commands before reinstalling airnet) AND now xPlusz no longer works.

I feel like if I reinstall xPlusz airnet might stop working again....

unless anyone has a better idea, I might hope that it was the 2.5.2 upgrade that killed airnet and if I reinstall ONLY the xPlusZ they might all play together so I can go and try and break it all again with tivoweb...

thoughts?
    The problem is where and when the NIC drivers are loaded. Kraven's files expect the driver to be loaded way before the end of rc.sysinit, from one of his other rc files. I don't know where XPlusz needs to find them, nor where 2.5.2 update puts things.

When you reload them using the normal NIC installer, they get placed at the end of rc.sysinit, which gives you a working IP stack, but that's it.

Sorry, I don't use either of these updates, so not sure where to point you. Basically you need to see where the regular drivers are installed, make adjustments to the driver being loaded for your airnet card, and things should work again.

mfsstream followup

Superzap, mtntrx,

Fixed the RO NOPPV problem, but still can't get mfsstream to work.

Replaced path as stated, but it still doesn't work.

Please clairify mfsstreamweb98b statement. Can't seem to locate it. What version does xPlusx install?

Edited /tivoweb-tcl/modules/mfsstream.cfg

Changed:
    path=/var/hack/tivoweb-tcl
    to
    path=/tivoweb-tcl

Also tried path=/tivoweb-tcl/modules because all the mfsstream files appeared to be in the modules directory.

Any ideas?
    Daveinfla

Unhappy me2

Exact same thing as I did Daveinfla. I'm in your boat...

Same problem here...

I have the same mfsstream problem. My system is a Hughes and I went from clean drives to 25xtreme to xupgrade. So all is fresh on my system with no alterations other than the default installs. I too cannot find my mfs_stream file location. Hope someone knows what's going on... thnx.

...and another small problem.

Also, on my box why I try to record a show using TivoWeb, I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_record '' 'set "quality" "100";set "kal" "2";set "startearly" "0";set "endlate" "0";set "objectid" "17472/59";set "conflictslist" "";set "Record" "Record";'
    can't read "objectid": no such variable
    while executing
    "string index $objectid 0"
    (procedure "::action_record" line 2)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Any thoughts? thnx.

Thanks.

The files fixed my TivoWeb recording problems, but MfsStream is still not functioning. When I click on the listings, I get a "This page cannot be displayed" error page, any thoughts?? thnx.

(My path still references /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl which didn't exist, so I made that direcstory, and still no go)

...and by the way, thanks for the quick reply above
    Last edited by VCD_Junky!; 01-26-2003 at 12:33 PM.

Update on adding loacls and getting guide data