Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

dasatelliteguy

Did you use winimage or other iso utility to extract the files? Or burn the image and copy?

Enter this command:
    ls -la /var/hack
    and copy the output to a post here.

Make sure the v252.tar file is named exactly like that, all lower case alpha.
    Last edited by superzap; 01-17-2003 at 03:32 PM.

Is there a faster site to get these files from, I am only getting 2.07 kb/sec

thanks

One quick question about the upgrade SuperZap... I notice that it replaced the boot299.btl file. Did it replace it with one that includes the nozkt hack?

LOL. Nice try, Yazhol.
    Each version of the dtivo os has a different version of boot299.btl. So if you installed v2.5.2 over v2.5 you will see a slightly different boot299.btl and a bunch of other file differences also.

I wasn't "trying" anything, just asking a question since I alread had replaced the btl file.

Did the 2.5.2 upgrade over tera term. All went smoot but I have lost Bash. Any Ideas?

After the upgrade it's not 9600 baud to get bash, it's 115200.

dracoo

serial bash needs the speed set to 115200.

Originally posted by Yazhol
    I wasn't "trying" anything, just asking a question since I alread had replaced the btl file.
    whenever the tivo software gets upgraded, the new software is put on the unused system partition. because of that, any old hacks need to be re-applied. tivolater applies some hacks for you, but any special files you replaces (such as a btl file) will need to be replaced after the upgrade. as was stated, the btls are different for each software version we have seen so far

Thank you for the Quick Reply.....that fixed my problem =}

I am trying to download this now.
    Does this upgrade the prom on the tivo?
    If I did a 'dd' on my 2.5.0 drive to a new drive and applied the 3.1 on the new drive would I be able to go back to the 2.5 drive?
    Or is the Prom updated to not allow me to go backwards?

Thanks for all your hard work on this upgrade!

No prom update is done if your prom was previously flashed with the hacked prom image as is done with v25xtreme. And the hacked prom flash is only done if you request it and it needs to be done. So you can clone your drive to a new drive, install the upgrade and then if you don't like the upgrade you can use your original drive.

Unhappy T-60 hanging

Im having a problem with my t-60 I did the mod and everything seemed to go ok but now its hanging at the acquireing satellite info goes to 100 percent and just hangs.

T-60
    25xtreem
    kraven upgrades

spacehead

What exactly did you install?

see this thread for a discussion of similar problem ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21100

confused???

I'm a little confused.

I currently have extreme 2.5 running with kravens update. If I upgrade to the 3.1 version of extreme, will I still need the tier for the PVR functionality or will my extreme image carry me through without the tier because of the prom flash that happened with extreme 2.5?

Also, I was wondering if someone could package just the files needed for the upgrade for those of us going over bash. Hopefully that will be a lot smaller than the 50 meg iso.