Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

davel

If you upgrade to v3.1 you will need the tivo tier to record. That has nothing to do with the tivo prom.

Get the readme form my 1st post and you'll see the the files transferred to the tivo are extracted from the iso and are about 14MB.

HU card what's the big deal?

Lots of post on deal have been about local channels. If you're not hacking DTV you don't need these. What's the big deal about wanting to use an HU card? I respect the rules, just don't see the point? Why is hacking DTV cool sometimes and other times not? It's not like asking for a 3M, Act, or a bin. Why can't we talk about using an HU card on 3.1? It's hacking the TiVo software not the card. I always thought hacking the TiVo software was the point of this Forum? I understand not hacking DTV (cards)!

Unhappy

Superzap thanks for the info that sounds like it might be it can someone point me to the link for mvchannels 1.36 i did a search and cant find an active link thanks

The TiVo files you speak of, are directly tied into the authorization process of DirecTv's Access Card. If hacking these becomes rampant and largely public, then the powers that be will be forced to do something about, ruining the existing possibilities for all... Not to mention this board being shut down by some aggressive lawyers. There are plenty of other forums where this type of thing is welcomed. Do it there, that's all. The owners of this forum have decided on what is permissible here, lets respect them and move on.

spacehead

Try running xPlusz command #61, that should do a mvchannels reset. If you've never done an xPlusz command before, just enter #61 into the call waiting prefix from the phone dialing options menu, press select once, and wait a few minutes while it runs until you see Succeeded. Or you could enter xp "#61" from bash.

i am one of those paranoid people that locked their tsop. unfortunately i did not put a switch.

will i need to unlock it in order to install ver 3.1?

rono

No. The same prom image is what you need.

Re: HU card what's the big deal?

Originally posted by JimBliss
    It's not like asking for a 3M, Act, or a bin. Why can't we talk about using an HU card on 3.1? It's hacking the TiVo software not the card. I always thought hacking the TiVo software was the point of this Forum? I understand not hacking DTV (cards)!
    This hack in no way benefits your use of the tivo dvr, it only benefits how you access directv. Think of this as a rule of thumb: if you can't do it to a standalone tivo unit, its a directv hack.

Directv hacking should be brought elsewhere than here, such as dsschat.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Upgrades provided in 2.5.2 and 3.1?

Is there a list of benifits that the 2.5.2 and 3.1 software give you posted somewhere? What other then "more stable" does 2.5.2 give you, i.e. features. Same question for 3.1?

In the previous post dsschat was mentioned, can someone point me to a good server/channel for dsschat?

The only thing I've done to my unit is run xtreme25 on it, do I need to manually upgrade my prom or does the upgrade to it?

One last question for clairfication. It's mentioned that the upgrade de-activate current hacks, does this mean it overwites all the files (boot files) that ran the previous mods? The reason I ask is I want to know if there are any files I need to manually remove old mods from?

Thanks,

Dave
    Daveinfla

Re: Upgrades provided in 2.5.2 and 3.1?

Originally posted by daveinfla
    Is there a list of benifits that the 2.5.2 and 3.1 software give you posted somewhere? What other then "more stable" does 2.5.2 give you, i.e. features. Same question for 3.1?
    nothing really new in 2.5.2 over 2.5, other than stability. a few minor internal changes, but nothing to write home about.
    3.1 has faster menus better stability. it also has unofficial broadband support, so you can easily use your tivonet or turbonet.

The only thing I've done to my unit is run xtreme25 on it, do I need to manually upgrade my prom or does the upgrade to it?
    dont worry about your prom

One last question for clairfication. It's mentioned that the upgrade de-activate current hacks, does this mean it overwites all the files (boot files) that ran the previous mods? The reason I ask is I want to know if there are any files I need to manually remove old mods from?
    Dave
    the files are not overwritten. there are two system partitions, hda4 and hda7. if your system was on hda4, then it will install the new system on hda7, leaving the old one untouched. you dont need to do anything to your current setup to upgrade...though i would suggest turning off multiple locals if you have that turned on.

Re: Upgrades provided in 2.5.2 and 3.1?

Does the data on the old partition eventually get overwritten? If not, aren't you loosing disk space for recording?

Define "Multiple locals"? Do you mean selectlocals or MVChannels?
    Why? Does this get set with the new software?

Thanks,

Dave
    Daveinfla

What is the difference between this upgrade and Kraven's upgrade? Is the relationship something like xtreme252 a base OS and kraven an add-in package?

Does the xtreme 2.5.2 upgrade work concurrently with the originally kraven upgrade?

Does the xtreme 3.1 work with kraven's new upgrade?

If not, could anyone explain to the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks

Something dev'ers should be weary of in the 3.1 software, the eventswitcher likes to just randomly die all the time, can't realy figure out why. It's impossible to start it up again without rebooting the tivo. This makes any 'event' calls in tivosh very unusable.

It's been like this since the early beta way back in may, so I don't think tivo has any intentions of fixing it. Just only use event calls as a last resort.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 01-18-2003 at 02:02 AM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Hey all...

Finally downloaded SuperZap's xupgrade for my DSR6000.
    Everything went well I guess with both the TCL and TAR files getting loaded into the VAR/Hack directory zmodem.
    I couldn't figure out how to switch the baud rate from 9600 to 115200 without losing my bash prompt. The files were uploaded at 9600 which took like 4hrs for the V252.tar file

Current issue I am having is when I goto run the ./upgrd252.tcl I get an error message of Permission Denied.

Anyone know what might be the problem and how I can fix it.

HQS
    Last edited by HQS; 01-18-2003 at 09:26 AM.

HQS

You need to make executable:
    chmod +x upgrd252.tcl