Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Ok, I have a tivo that does not have xtreme on it yet, I also have a drive that has a fresh 3.1 xtreme on it. The problem is this tivo has not been flashed, is there a way to use this drive without starting over with 25xtreme?

kozmo21

If you already have v3.1.0 you can't use the upgrade. Start with a standard v2.5 or 2.5.2 image or start with v25xtreme.

If you have v2.5, xtremed or not, you can use the upgrade to go to v2.5.2 or v3.1.0. If not xtremed use the -p option as explained in the readme to flash the prom.

If you have v2.5.2, xtremed or not, you can use the upgrade to go to v3.1.0. If not xtremed use the -p option as explained in the readme to flash the prom.

That's what I thought, I was just hoping i wouldn't have to start over. Oh well, thanks.

After about 2 weeks of tying to install 3.1, then 2.52, 3.1, 2.52 I finally gave up and went right back to the original 25Xtreme, then 2.52 upgrade then the 3.1 upgrade. Finished last night about 3am, everything seems fine... (more or less).

My only problem so far is telnet. If i try to upload (zmodem) to the /var/hack directory it goes about 64K and dies.

At least i have my locals back. I have missed half a season of Enterprise.

EDIT: Spoke to soon. My SeasonPass/Wishlist are not finding all the shows. eg. for Farscape is shows the Friday show (tongiht) but no others. I have manually set to record mon and tues shows, but they still do not show up. I am forcing a daily call to see if that help. I am thinking that it is just not finished building the database yet..

SD
    Last edited by Silverdude; 06-19-2003 at 02:20 PM.

Is it possible to use this lba48 mod with xtreme?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=83342

I've successfully tested the precompiled kernels with an unhacked setup, and it appears to work just fine.

das

Upgrade worked on top of Kravens

Just wanted to say that I installed 2.5.2 over Kravens & it worked well. Got my locals back I was hesitant to do it because of some early reports of some minor problems getting locals back(over kravens). The only problem that I ran into was that xplusz apparently turned on noscramble, and I couldn't watch any of my recordings. I did a search here, found out that noscramble was the problem, then set the xplusz command to turn it off, and all was well.

After installing 3.1 my ONLY problem is with the "Satelite Dish Setup". After signal strenghth test, and before the Multiswitch test is stops with the message "Please Waite..."

SD

I picked up a new hard drive recently and decided to do a fresh install on my DTivo. Everything went very smooth thanks to xtreme and xupgrade (thanks sz!) I really like the way that xplusz is accessible through the tivo remote. Very handy. One problem I'm having though is that Tivoweb doesn't seem to be working. I have the process running through xplusz and I've confirmed it with the #12 command. I can start it manually through telnet and everything seems fine until I reboot. I checked out my rc.sysint file and there's no reference to tivoweb in there. Is that where it is normally started from?

I have 2.5.2 from superzap's upgrade. I'm running tivoweb which came with the upgrade. I can't seem to rename shows via MfsStream. Do I need to load something which didn't come with SZ's upgrade? I'm looking at MfsStream Web Module v.98!... should I load that? The directories look to be different than where they are via SZ's upgrade to 2.5.2.

Edited to say: I found out how to edit the titles. Not via mfsstream but another area under now playing via tivoweb.

Last edited by airf00; 08-01-2003 at 08:41 AM.

airf00,

Seems to me you need edittitle or one of the other various utilities. go to tivostuff dot com and you will find what you seek.

Not sure if that is in xtreme or not.

DSR6000

Just got my hands on DSR6000 and would like to install hacks, please advise if Im on the right direction. I have a T60 from which I have successfuly hacked, problem is Im a bit rusty.

1) I should follow same process as to what I did for my T60 but with a DSR6000 image correct.
    2) Install Surgeon's DSR6000 2.5 ISO
    3) Using Xupgrade load both 2.5.2 files to tivo and execute.

Is there anything special needed for the DSR6000?

thanks

The xupgrade is also available as a bootable CD iso, if you wish. You can find it as xupgrade.zip. I think you're good to go. Go for it.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

Couldnt connect

Superzap,

I had asked you a question about 3 months back and you were a life saver... I hope you can repeat your heroics..

If you are unable do to time restrictions, I understand and thank you anyway..

Here we go..

I have a Sony T-60 with 2 drives. I was running 2.5.1 and decided to go with the 2.5.2 upgrade. I did so and all went well. I even fixed a locals issue that I had. I ran SubTest and made my test call.. Everything was working fine... Then about 45 days or so later I started receiving messages that I had not made my daily call.. Everything else was working so I just ignorred it.. One day I lost all of my DVR capabilities. I reran SubTest... No help..

Used the xp #21,1 command no help.. I was receiving the Failed: No dialtone . i turned off dial tone detection and now I receive Failed: counld't connect.. What is wrong?? What can I do??

Rite-Way

Converting from Kraven to Superzap

After purusing the forums, I haven't found the discussion on how to install Superzap upgrade on a DTivo with Kraven's 2.5.2 upgrade. Could someone post a link where this is discussed?

Also, tivostuff.com only seems to have the Superzap 2.5.2 ISO. I'd really like to install Xplusz over FTP without taking the drive back out.

Thanks!

Upgrading and Adding Drive

I have a couple questions. I've got a DTIVO with the original 40 gig HDD, and 25xtreme on it. As expected, it's not getting any locals. I want to add a 120 gig HDD, and upgrade with SZ's upgrade to 2.5.2. Upon initial install of 25xtreme, I told it I would not have a 2nd drive, and my total space would not exceed 140 gig. I believe that 2nd question has to do with how big of a swap space to create.

My questions are: Would it be advisable to just TivoMad the 120 and then use SZ's upgrade? Or should I completely start over?

If I add the drive, without starting over, is there a way to manually add swap space?

Any help/advice/experience with this type of situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!