Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Shalafi

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...threadid=21087

If you do either the v2.5.2 or v3.1.0 xupgrade you don't need and should not apply the KRavEN original v25xtreme upgrade.

Re: Re: Upgrades provided in 2.5.2 and 3.1?

Originally posted by daveinfla
    Does the data on the old partition eventually get overwritten? If not, aren't you loosing disk space for recording?

Define "Multiple locals"? Do you mean selectlocals or MVChannels?
    Why? Does this get set with the new software?

Thanks,

Dave
    The old partition is used again when another tivo os upgrade comes along. It can't be used for recording, the recordings are stored only in the mfs partition. There are 10 or more partitions used by the tivo os.

Multiple locals are what you stated and do not get set with this software upgrade unless you specifically do something to add locals.

Hello SuperZap...

Thanx alot for the information. I thought that I may have to do chmod to make it executable.
    Anyways,I proceeded on the install but in extracting the files, my V252.tar file is all in CAPS. When running the program it looks for lower case letter's of the file. Can I just re-type the file in lower case without causing any issues?.
    I didn't think case sensitivity would be an issue.

Any Ideas?

HQS..

FTP and Telnet are gone

I have a t-60 Xtremed then put KRAVENS update on it, all was working meaning the telnet and the FTP over my lan. I just did the 252 update and now I can not telnet or ftp into it please help!

It does grab a ip from the dhcp server but I still can't get in
    Last edited by ScubaBudy; 01-18-2003 at 10:28 AM.

HQS

Yes, linux is case sensitive on file names and most everything else. If your tar file is in all caps just rename it with the mv command:
    mv V252.tar v252.tar
    or
    mv V252.TAR v252.tar

Awesome!...

Worked flawlessly!. The extracting and upgrade to the hard drive seemed to work great!

Last message is that the upgrade is complete and attempting to re-boot.
    Is this the end of the upgrade?. I am safe to disconnect the serial cable and hook it up to my Sat Dish?. Or do I need to wait for the re-boot process before I shut down my terminal?

HQS

ScubaBudy

As stated in the readme, nothing is activated by default after the xupgrade is done. Refer to the readme for activating the functions with xPlusz commands. For example, run #43,1 for telnet, #45,1 for tivoweb, #46,1 for tivoftpd, etc. Reboot if you change these types of options that need to be started at boot-up.

Here's some of the functions explained:
    NOPHONE - allows your TiVo sub to continue to remain active without a phone connection (also controls the logs).
    ADDLOCALS will allow you to add multiple sets of locals (mvchannels).
    T30SS will automatically set 30 seconds skip feature on each reboot.
    NOPPV will reset the PPV indicator on PPV channels at daily call.
    FIXDEMO will reset demo mode periodically (default every 3 mins).
    EBD will automatically enable backdoors on each reboot.
    CALLERID will display caller-id on screen (phone line required).
    The batch save feature will allow you to save multiple programs to VCR.
    TIVOTITLE will change the title of shows adding the description.
    TEMPMON will monitor the TiVo's temperature and issue an alert on the screen if the temperature exceeds a threshold you specify.
    NOSDD will help you further opt out of TiVo's automatic software downloads and changes to your DirecTiVo unit. It is designed to prevent any type of software download/update whatsoever, including (no way around this) the showcases and tivolution magazine.
    Others are (they should have obvious meaning):
    TELNET READONLY TIVOWEB TIVOFTPD NOSCRAMBLE SMBFS NFS

Have yout aken down the website? When enter tivostuff.com, I get promted to signin to the website.

HQS

Wait for the reboot, the install is not finished until you see the acquiring sat info screen.

Re: Re: HU card what's the big deal?

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    This hack in no way benefits your use of the tivo dvr, it only benefits how you access directv. Think of this as a rule of thumb: if you can't do it to a standalone tivo unit, its a directv hack.

Directv hacking should be brought elsewhere than here, such as dsschat.
    No disrespect I want to follow the rules and everything because I love this forum and a lot of your posts have been helpful to me but... What use are the local scripts on a standalone? I've never really messed around with the PPV scripts but what use are these on a standalone? Maybe the PPV script would, but still I don't see what use the locals would have. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always looked at it this way. If it has something to do with hacking the card it self, don't talk about it. If it's the TiVo software go for it, everything goes. Just seems like splitting hairs.

Superzap..

The receiver is still hooked up to my PC via the serial cable.
    Next step is to disconnect from the puter and hook up to Sat dish and TV..right?. If not, things are hangin big time here on my puter.

HQS

HQS

If you saw the aquiring sat info screen then it's time to hook back up to sat dish.

help!

went to (http://tivostuff.com/) and it is now asking for a username/password.
    any ideas???
    thx!
    q

Site issue.

Looking into it.

Dennis

Originally posted by quantum_3
    help!

went to (http://tivostuff.com/) and it is now asking for a username/password.
    any ideas???
    thx!
    q

Same problem here, but it worked like 3 or 4 hours ago.