Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

2.5Xtreme is no longer hosted on any website. Your best bet is to try P-P networks like emule or bittorrent. You could also post a request in the image begging thread.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

quick question

i got a used hdr 312 tivo and i have no land line. when i turn it on it tries to go through the guided setup but of course it wont complete since i have no phone. more info here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...61#post2670961

i just want to use the tivo as a digital vcr. i dont care about the guide or anything. so what will happen if i install 3.1.0 onto it? will i be able to get around that set up call totaly? or will i have to use serial ppp. or will i break a bunch of stuff...

No DVR Functionaliy After 2.5.2 Upgrade

I started with a new drive, installed 25xtreme and then the 2.5.2 upgrade. Locals came up fine, xPlusz commands were successful, I activated NOPHONE with #21,1, and rebooted. The sys info screen says my account is in good standing buy my tivo service is inactive, and when I try to record, it says I haven't made a call for 30 days and I have to make a call before I can record. I have a subbed P4 card and my service has been fine for months running unhacked v3.1. I tried a clear and delete everything, but it still asked for a call to set up DVR functions. I even tried uninstalling xPlusz and making a call with PPP over serial (I have no phone), but it didn't work, even though it works with unhacked v3.1. I tried reinstalling 25xtreme and 2.5.2 still with no luck. Any ideas?
    Last edited by rbautch; 04-16-2005 at 12:20 AM.

xplusz 252

this what I do:

Just like you did I try to start with a new install 25Xtreame and then upgrade 252upgrade, I like 252 better since all my hacks work with no fuss. Then I let it compleately index, which will take 1 hr or so, then I initiate my hacks, NOPHONE, TELNET, FTP, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, etc... then I restart the tivo and all should be well. Hope this help.

Worked this time with 3.1 instead of 2.5.2

Quote Originally Posted by superleo
    this what I do:

Just like you did I try to start with a new install 25Xtreame and then upgrade 252upgrade, I like 252 better since all my hacks work with no fuss. Then I let it compleately index, which will take 1 hr or so, then I initiate my hacks, NOPHONE, TELNET, FTP, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, etc... then I restart the tivo and all should be well. Hope this help.
    I tried it with the 3.1 upgrade instead of 2.5.2, and it worked the first time. Not sure if my original problem was related to 2.5.2, or not waiting an hour for indexing before starting the hacks. I may try 2.5.2 again to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks.

Is 2.5Xtreme necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    2.5Xtreme is no longer hosted on any website. Your best bet is to try P-P networks like emule or bittorrent. You could also post a request in the image begging thread.
    I xtremed my Tivo years ago and it recently died . I have my original virgin image (Hughes GXCEBOT 2.0), but can't find my 2.5Xtreme disc. My memory is going in my old age, but IIRC I:

1)backed up my original Tivo drive
    2) Installed 2.5Xtreme ( this is wher I forget: somehow it was associated a Philips DR6000 image which worked on my Hughes GBot) which placed it @ v2.5
    3) ran 2.5.2 Xtreme upgrade and installed my hacks.
    4) watched TV for 4 years

So my question is, if I buy a new larger drive & restore my virgin image to it, how can I get to v2.5.2 in order to use the hacks? Reading superzap's Readme for 2.5.2/3.1 states that the software must be at 2.5 in order to upgrade. So must I somehow get it to 2.5 before going to 2.5.2?

Thx

emule for xupgrade or upgrade and hack manually.
    Mikey

I have 2 DSR6000's with 2.5.2, xplusz on both are not responding to remote comands. I hadn't really messed with xplusz in a few months, now this. I get the succeeded message when I put in #0#10. or anything else for that matter, but nothing happens. Before I re-install xplusz, is there anything I can check out? It's funny this happened on BOTH my tivo's today. This is really the first problem I've had in ages with either unit. Thanks alot for any help.
    Mike
    Rock the RAC!

software

help please, i can not get to a link for the 3.1.0 or better software. Can someone help me please.
    Magpie

Brillo,

did you ever find the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    Brillo,

did you ever find the upgrade?
    Here 'Tis

Download xupgrade.zip

P.S. since we can't post URLs, copy/paste the link location from above, but
    1. omit the beginning "http://"
    2. Change the "/" after 'ftp' to a ":"

I can't remember how to make ftp links.

L8r

Just to clarify

Wow, you walk away for 3 years and so much has changed.

I was into Tivo hacking and got a DSR6000 and a SA up and running back in the day. Then my ADD kicked in and I lost interest in the hobby. Fast forward 3 years and my girlfriend is wondering why I have a perfectly good tivo in the closet that I never use. So I sub to DTV and now I need to get the DSR6000 up and running again.

For details on the condition of my Tivo, please read my walkthrough from 2002 here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=22

The tivo is in the same condition now as it was then. I've read through a goo portion of the threads and have come to the following conclusions. Can someone please verify that I am barking up the right tree?

My hardware is as follows:
    DSR6000 with stock HDD
    Turbonet
    Tivo has been 2.5 xtremed with all the hacks available in mid 2002.
    Homemade serial cable

I have the following files. Do I need anything else before I begin? Anything I don't need?
    6.2.dtivo.minimal.AlphaWolf_HK.zip
    31-TiVolater-v2
    KRavENs_25_Upgrade
    tivo-instantcake-dsr6000-310c2.iso
    tivoscripts1_02.zip
    xupgrade.zip
    KRavEN-v31-Upgrade.iso

I want to get the tivo up and running so I do not need to call. I wouldn't mind using Tivoweb and would like the option to pull files off the Tivo. I don't need callerid, but am interested in anything else new and interesting people have come up with.

My battle plan for now is to use instantcake to build a default 3.1c tivo, then apply xupgrade to enable the hacks. Sounds almost too easy, thats why I'm asking here.

Do I need to do anything to lock down my Tivo? I seem to recall people having to solder a PROM to disable updates. Is this still a requirement?

Am I forgetting anything else?

Thanks to everyone on the board, its good to know the hobby is still alive and kicking even when I had forgotten all about it.
    Last edited by Lou2ser; 08-17-2005 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvtyme
    Here 'Tis

Download xupgrade.zip

P.S. since we can't post URLs, copy/paste the link location from above, but
    1. omit the beginning "http://"
    2. Change the "/" after 'ftp' to a ":"

I can't remember how to make ftp links.

L8r

Heres how to make FTP links: ftp://tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com

Cool

Lou2ser,

The only thing you need is xupgrade.iso The rest of the stuff you downloaded is for Series2.

With xupgrade.iso, you can upgrade to either 2.5.2 or 3.1.0 .. Thats all you need to get your locals.

If you open up this xupgrade.zip.. I believe that there is a word doc in there that explains all the hacks and how to use them, i.e. NOPHONE, TELNET, TIVOWEB, NOSCRAMBLE, and it has a nice batch feature so you can line up all your recordings to play continous so you can record it to an 6 hour VHS tape, or you can just extract it and burn it to a DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo97
    Lou2ser,

The only thing you need is xupgrade.iso The rest of the stuff you downloaded is for Series2.

With xupgrade.iso, you can upgrade to either 2.5.2 or 3.1.0 .. Thats all you need to get your locals.
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at the readme in xupgrade.zip and see that it recommends 2.5.2 because it is more mature. Is this still correct? Can you please let me know the why I would choose 2.5.2 over 3.1 or 3.1 or 2.5.2?

From my reading I see they both allow locals so I really don't see the difference.

Does 3.1 allow the hacks?
    If I choose 2.52 do I need to do anything to lock the tivo down so I don't download 3.1?

Thanks again.