Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

You're lucky... I can even get the site to display, I get a 'UNKNOWN HOST TIVOSTUFF.COM'

Furthermore I get NO ADDRESS (A) RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE FOR TIVOSTUFF.COM.

Maybe an IP address would help?

Originally posted by jasch
    Furthermore I get NO ADDRESS (A) RECORDS ARE AVAILABLE FOR TIVOSTUFF.COM.

Maybe an IP address would help?

Well I tried but when I went to connect it wouldn't. I pinged it and got an unknown host. Guess just give it time

Works Great !...Thanx alot for your hardwork and patience!.

Now I just need to learn some of these xp commands and I will be laughing.

Thanx again.... u the BOMB!

HQS

Give the fact that the distro site is down? Can somebody share it with me? (FTP/EMAIL/anything). PM me, I have a very fast connection and I can d/l in a couple of minutes.

THanks!

Re: Re: Re: HU card what's the big deal?

Originally posted by JimBliss
    What use are the local scripts on a standalone? I've never really messed around with the PPV scripts but what use are these on a standalone?
    Both of these scripts alone only alter the way the tivo functions, its still up to your access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events that these scripts change.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

If you have an ftp server I can upload. PM me.

Re: ScubaBudy

Originally posted by superzap
    CALLERID will display caller-id on screen (phone line required).
    Question about this feature... With having to have a phone line plugged in to use this feature if you put garbage numbers in the Dial Prefix like say ##8675309 it would in effect keep the tivo from dialing out over the phone line for updates correct? Or is there an error in my thinking?

Yazhol

I think it works that way but haven't tried. Do a search for elseed.

Thanks SZ!

My hoster decided to kill me. So I have setup on another hoster with more support for this type of site. It will be a day or so until it's all back up.

Dennis

Re: Re: Re: Re: HU card what's the big deal?

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    Both of these scripts alone only alter the way the tivo functions, its still up to your access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events that these scripts change.
    That is what I'm saying! If you hack your 3.1 software (your TiVo HD) to work with HU cards it still takes your access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events that these scripts change or in this case patch same difference. That's why I don't understand how this has to do with DirecTV hacking. DirecTV hacking is the card! TiVo hacking is the HD. The rules have always went this way before. Making a 3.1 run on an HU card should be okay, as long as you don?t talk about hacking Access cards. Again no disrespect to you or anyone else. Sorry I just don't understand.

Boy I am glad that I was ablw to obtain the xupgrade file for my DSR6000.

Just alittle quick step-by-step which I took to update my DSR6000 from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2 with SuperZap's update.

1) Hook serial cable up to TIVO unit.
    2) Obtained Bash Prompt using TeraTermPro.
    3) cd / ( For Root Directory)
    4) cd /var/hack
    5) zmodem the files to current hack directory.
    6) Files V252.TAR & UPGRD252.TCL where in Caps. Need to change to lower case.
    7) Files changed from Upper Case to Lower Case by typing this..... mv V252.TAR v252.tar & mv UPGRD252.TCL upgrd252.tcl
    8)chmod +x upgrd252.tcl to make file executable.
    9) ./upgrd252.tcl
    10) After message of 2.5.2 successfully installed... unplug and connect to dish.
    11) Enjoy all new "features" along with Xplusz

Kewl...

HQS

JimBliss I'm with you. I want to have several locals at the same time. To get this I believe I need to do some hacking of both my HD and my card. I could do these if I knew what to do! I understand why we can't go into card alterations here. But like you I don't understand why we can't discuss unrelated issues.

Perhaps I have an idea. If we make FAQ's for these touchy subjects and host them off this server might that not cover it?
    Then when a newbe asks about the seven deadly's we just direct him to the correct FAQ file. This plan would of course require a large number of experts to pool their wisdom and keep these FAQ's up to date. Otherwuse the newbe's would ignore them. Also these files would have to be clearly written, step by step. The How-To's we have now are for DTivos only and not related.
    Telling people to go to another site to talk about DTivos is not a good idea. The other sites know a lot about cards but nothing about Tivos. This is the site for that. It's the card-Tivio interface that's the problem. Let's not let paranoia get going.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HU card what's the big deal?

Originally posted by JimBliss
    That is what I'm saying! If you hack your 3.1 software (your TiVo HD) to work with HU cards it still takes your access card to determine whether or not you can view the channels or events that these scripts change or in this case patch same difference. That's why I don't understand how this has to do with DirecTV hacking. DirecTV hacking is the card! TiVo hacking is the HD. The rules have always went this way before. Making a 3.1 run on an HU card should be okay, as long as you don?t talk about hacking Access cards. Again no disrespect to you or anyone else. Sorry I just don't understand.
    The cam ID check is an access card security measure. Normal receivers have this check. Thats like saying if you apply a nozkt mod to a tivo, its not helping you hack directv any. You are removing a security measure which is designed with only one purpose in mind.

The sti5505 only controls everything relating to decoding the signal coming from directv. Modifying the respective oslink boot script in any way serves no purpose other than to hack directv.

Originally posted by Astrogoth

Perhaps I have an idea. If we make FAQ's for these touchy subjects and host them off this server might that not cover it?
    Sounds reasonable to keep directv off of dd's backs, but remember that even linking to "dangerous" information is a violation of the DMCA, you just have to improvise a loophole.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 01-18-2003 at 02:28 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?