Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: xtreme upgrade (v3.1.0 and v2.5.2) now available

Another Mirror

If you are using IE, this link will get you to a mirror site.

ftp://tivo:later@ftp.twinbrothers.com

If you prefer a more traditional ftp client...

Site: ftp.twinbrothers.com
    User: tivo
    Password: later

This site is limited to 10 users at a time to prevent bandwidth issues. Please don't beat the server to death!
    Last edited by StanSimmons; 01-19-2003 at 01:11 AM.

TurboNet

SuperZap,

You say that the Xupgrade supports turbonet. Does that mean if I have installed it, it will work with it? Or does it mean that IF I had a dhcp server all would be good?

The problem is, I don't have a DHCP server (xover cable direct to pc). Do I just need to comment out the DHCP stuff in rc.net and add the static info?

Thanks
    Last edited by tweaky; 01-19-2003 at 08:44 AM.

Help

downloaded the file
    used blindwrite to burn iso
    loaded harddrive in computer
    booted from cd
    get to boot prompt hit enter
    get to tdb login hit enter
    get to/# prompt type upgrd252.sh
    get sh: upgrd252.sh : command not found
    /#

can someone help with this thanks

Could be a bad burn. Try re-burning or use installation method B.

tweaky

I believe you have to make the rc.net mods, but I'm not sure, I use a dhcp router. Which did you install v2.5.2 or v3.1.0?

Re: Help

superzap I have redownloaded the image and burned to cd
    same thing. I cant use method b because i have a raid setup and i dont have enough power cables for boot cd 2 harddrives in computer and 2 harddrives for tivo is there something else i could do i dont understand why the boot cd isnt working thanks for the help

I did notice this at the end of the boot

tdb login:

mount:block device /dev/hdb is write-protected, mounting read-only

mount: No medium found
    Last edited by spacehead; 01-19-2003 at 12:29 PM.

spacehead

It looks like the cdrom is not getting mounted correctly. If you have 2 cdroms, remove one. Or remove all the ide cable connections except for the cdrom and tivo hd.
    Do a
    mount
    command to display what's mounted. Search the forum for "cdrom mount". There have been a few similar problems with v25xtreme. Here's one ===> http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=12299
    Last edited by superzap; 01-19-2003 at 12:44 PM.

Question v2.5.2

Any one know where I can get the v2.5.2 upgrade. I have 25Xtreme loaded now, but would like to go to v2.5.2 not 3.1.

Also how do I clear the logs and how often should I do that. I a newby to this.

Thanks
    Madlad

madlad

Get xupgrade.zip, it contains both the v2.5.2 and v3.1.0 upgrades. Choose the v2.5.2 installation, see the readme.

Turn on the NOPHONE xPlusz option to have xPlusz automatically clear the logs.

SuperZap,

I installed version 2.5.2. I will make the following changes to rc.net (from kravens upgrade to make a static IP; these changes would apply to Kravens rc.remote-login):

ifconfig net0 192.168.1.220 netmask 255.255.255.0
    route.tivonet delete default 2> /dev/null
    route.tivonet add default gw 192.168.1.1 netmask 0.0.0.0 dev net0

madlad,

Xupgrade contains both 2.5.2 upgrade and 3.1. You pick what you want to install.
    Last edited by tweaky; 01-20-2003 at 08:48 AM.

Can't watch my old shows after upgrading to 2.52

The upgrade to 2.52 went fine...now I can't watch my old recording. Please help.

Pete
    Pierre

okonkwo

What happens when you try to play the shows? Were you running noscramble? Did you have KRavEN's original v2.5 upgrade installed?

If you were running noscramble before, you need to turn it on again. Noscramble is not activated by default with this upgrade.

To activate noscramble immediately, run the #54,1 xPlusz command. You can do this in a couple of ways. Enter #54,1 in the Call Waiting Prefix from the Phone Options menu. Or enter
    xp "#54,1"
    from bash.

If you want noscramble activated automatically every time your unit reboots, run command #47,1. You can display which xPlusz options are currently activated by running #0#12.

Superzap As always you are a lifesaver.

Thank you very much...I wasn't even aware that I had noscramble turn on. I did try the Kraven upgrade one..I uninstall it but it seems like noscramble stayed on.

Thanks for your help.
    Pierre

help..menus freeze because i had disabled interstitiles using alphawolfs script. i want to put them back to norm but dont know how???tried using the backup that came with the script but it didnt work and now i have clr menus that hang. this is what fixed it in version 2.51 at the end of rc.sysinit :

# this code fixes the menu freeze caused from killing the menu BGs. It needs to be replaced by a better method.
    sleep 60
    # start menu
    /hack/SendKey tivo
    sleep 120
    # enable backdoors
    /hack/SendKey 4 select right select up select down right right select up left select 2 select 5 thumbsup
    # disable interstitials and exit the menu, must have this one or else menus will freeze
    /hack/SendKey 4 select enter enter 9 1 enter enter 9 livetv
    # enable 30 second skip
    /hack/SendKey select play select 3 0 select
    # disable overshoot correction
    /hack/SendKey clear enter clear 5
    # return to previous channel
    /hack/SendKey enter enter

but now it isnt working. i have been playing with this for 4 hours now and am still clueless. plz help.
    q

quantum_3

I would not put all that stuff back into rc.sysinit. And whatever you put in there make sure that the bash startup is last.

You probably lost the SendKey command you had in /hack. All those old hacks are left on the alternate old root partition.

xPlusz comes with a SendKey.
    Try adding this:
    /hack/bin/xPlusz/SendKeyWaitsz.tcl 4 select enter enter 9 1 enter enter 9 livetv

If you want to enable backdoors use the EBD xPlusz option. If you want to enable the 30 sec skip use the xPlusz T30SS option.