Thread: Series 1 standalone w/o subscription

Series 1 standalone w/o subscription

I have a Phillips HDR212 standalone. I recently replaced it with a DirecTV Tivo. I want to keep this one hooked up to another receiver to use the 30 minute buffer and "pause live tv" features.

I called and cancelled my service and haven't made a phone call for a long time - long enough that my program info ran out. The modem is bad and I moved my network card to my new TiVo.

Now I have the blue screen saying "The recorder cannot display live TV".

I thought the series one TiVos could be used manually without a subscription. I don't want to use the program guide or anything, and use the satellite receiver to change channels.

what can I do?

As for cancelling, when I first called the offered me a free month, then 2 months. I said no, I want to cancel. They put me on hold and came back and said they'd cut my rate to $6.95 permanently. You may want to try this to see if they offer you the same deal.

I don't know how to find the manufacture date - but there are 2 stickers with barcodes on the back that says "RENEWED" and the drive has a sticker saying "reprogrammed 17-08-02" .

IS there a way to find the manufacture date?

Quote Originally Posted by darwin-t
    Now I have the blue screen saying "The recorder cannot display live TV".
    Your input(s) are not set up correctly.

Switching between RCA and SVideo would cause this, as would having the built in tuner "active" (ie. you are tuned to an OTA channel) without an antenna hooked up.

BTW - You can still record with the 212, you will just have to set the recording up manually (by time and channel just like a VCR).

This is weird.

When my guide ran out, the blue screen came up. I hadn't touched any cables. I tried rebooting and checked the cables, replaced the video input cable, etc. I gave up and unplugged it.

After I saw your message I hooked it back up and it worked! I'm guessing that unplugging it overnight worked.

Now I have 4 tuners to record with (two DSR6000s) plus this one I can record manually. I'm ready for the new season.I mainly wanted the pause and 30 minute buffer.

Thanks.

If it happens again, press 1 0 0 and then again press 1 0 0 until you get it back. It sounds like your Tivo is configured for both coax and composite input. On my unsubbed Tivo, changing to the same channel you are already on will switch inputs.
    perl -e 'print unpack("u","\@2\&\%V92\!Y;W4\@:&\%C:V5D(\%E/55\(\@5\&EV\;R\!T;V1A>3\\-\`"),"\n";'