Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing V31 TiVoLater

No prob JJ, thanks man.

JRoss Guest

So far so good - flawless install

Hope it sticks.......... Here's what I did:

I just got a new 120 gig drive so I decided to use it as a guinea pig for this and leave my other 25xtreme/Kraven/xplusZ drive alone.

1) I did a fresh install of 25xtreme on the new drive
    2) Activated TiVo service
    3) set the serial to 115200
    4) sent over the Tivolater 3.1 setup files to /var/hack via zmodem
    5) ran the Tivolator setup
    6) (this step censored due to forum rules)
    7) sent the xPlusz 3.1 (modified by Kraven) setup files to /var/hack via zmodem
    8) ran the xPlusz setup (disabled readonly)
    9) custimized TivoTitlesz.tcl to my liking
    10) sent over EditTitle.tcl via zmodem for any manual fixes.
    11) activated dual tuner
    12) viola

So far no problems except for the fact that my new Samsung drive is louder than hell. If all goes well for a few weeks I'll redo the whole thing with 2 120 gig drives and be done with it.

Great job Kraven, Digitz, Superzap, Surgeon, Jbliss, all the authors of the individual modules and everyone here for asking the right questions!

Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

JRoss Guest

Thanks
    Last edited by JRoss; 02-23-2003 at 05:12 PM.

I have a couple questions. First, where is xPlusz31 that Kraven modified?

Secondly, I did the Kraven Tivolater31 upgrade and now when I restart my receiver, after the acquiring data bar gets to the 90+%, a screen comes up that with a heading:
    "Satellite Info Error"
    Recorder is unable to acquire information from the satellite....

Does anyone know why this is happening?

JRoss Guest
    it's at the twin brothers ftp site

JRoss Guest
    oops
    Last edited by JRoss; 02-23-2003 at 05:11 PM.

Well. I think I have everything working now. I have Kraven's Tivolater (Thanks much!) and the (censored) mod, with xPlusz from the TwinBrothers mirror. There are a couple of items that are bugging me because I don't know if I can resolve them.

When I try to record a future PPV, I get the "check show info" than I have it check and it says I am authorized but nothing gets added to the "ToDo List". Is there a fix for this? I have the "noppv" running in xPlusz.

Also, I don't have a menu option for Showcases or Tivolution Magazine. What happened with these in 3.1?

Thanks

JRoss Guest
    It's the DVR tier that's screwing the installation for me.

I'm stuck with my old 25Extreme with 2.5.2 upgrade.

I really wanted to make this work, but I guess I'll have to put it on hold.
    Last edited by JRoss; 02-23-2003 at 05:11 PM.

JRoss, I got my locals working without doing anything to the drive. My card is setup with my locals. It took a bit for the locals to show but eventually they did...somewhere between 15min and 1 hour.

3.1 won't install, no error message

In the past I had Xtreme25. I now have a P4 card with Superzaps 2.5.2 d6k252x1.mfs and KRavEN's XtremeUpgrade upgrade.tar.gz onto my 60GB. Added my original HD drive as B to get more space. I installed a newer sc to get it working again. I installed elseed, but the thing won't auto start, I have to start it by bash. I've been running like this for a while.

I'm trying to upgrade with the KRavEN-v31-Upgrade.iso. I put drive A into my PC. Booted from the CD. Ran upgrd31.sh, answered the questions and umount. Everything at this point seems fine. I then put drive A into my DSR62K. It boots up fine and all, but it's still at v.2.5.2. What am I doing wrong? Should both drives be put into my PC?

I would just use Superzap / AlphaWolf update instead but I want to use JJBliss' BlissTerPopper. Also I have recordings I'd like to keep.

JimBliss

The same thing happened to me. Look in /var/hack. I think upgrd31.sh is there. I executed this and then it started the upgrade.

After the upgrade, all seemed ok except that my drive space only shows up to 28 hours on a 120gb hard drive. I will try to correct this later.

Thanks

Originally posted by casta
    JimBliss

The same thing happened to me. Look in /var/hack. I think upgrd31.sh is there. I executed this and then it started the upgrade.

After the upgrade, all seemed ok except that my drive space only shows up to 28 hours on a 120gb hard drive. I will try to correct this later.
    It was Update.tcl
    It ask if I want to continue, I select yes.
    Unpacking install...
    Now loading the installation into MFS.
    This takes about 10 minutes

Could not load software: couldn't change working directory to ".KRavENInstall": no such file or directory

The directory is there and has files in it. I rebooted and it did the same thing. I remember something about having to change / to rw to install a hack a while back. I wonder if this is the problem? I forget how to do it.

mount -o remount,rw /
    changed back to var/hack
    and got the same thing.

I'll reload the CD and tried again. Install didn't auto start. I did
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd var
    cd hack
    Update.tcl
    and again I got the same error

Found someone else had the same issue, it's installing now thanks
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=21104
    Last edited by JimBliss; 02-01-2003 at 10:02 PM.

success!!

Just thought I'd weigh in with a thanks for the great work Kraven! I upgraded today and then added BlissTerPopper. The only snag I ran into was that 3.1Tivolater activates noscramble by default and I previously was not using it. Here's the thread that I created to address it: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=21694

Thanks again to Kraven and JJBliss!!

O

Question Kraven's 3.1: smb and nfs

Has anyone successfully used nfs or smb in Kraven's 3.1 upgrade? I'm using the xtreme 3.1 upgrade, and the nfs and smb modules are old...

If the nfs/smb modules are working in 3.1 in Kraven's install... can someone post them somewhere in the forum or send them to me?

Thanks!

rename them from .old to .o
    Information wants to be free....