Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Aquiring Guide Info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307

    Aquiring Guide Info after upgrade...

    Why would it take so long for my DSR6000 to aquire guide info upon reboot? I did the install to 2.5.2 and it rebooted but now it's taking forever to get the info from the sat... It's literally been at least 30 minutes and it's just now on 99% and sitting.
    Last edited by Yazhol; 01-17-2003 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    Been sitting at 100% now for 10 mins...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    ok, I'm thinking I'm screwed here and need to start over with 25Xtreme... It's just sitting here... I can use the Tivo to watch what I've recorded but that's all, no live TV.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    342
    Relax, I'll bet you've played with locals scripts. The old versions of mvchannels, selectlocals etc aren't 2.5.2 compatible and the symptom you describe is what happens.

    You need to download and run the latest mvchannels, 1.36.

    Delete channels.dat, do a dumpall
    then edit channels.dat and do a reload
    then run with no arguments.

    No need to loop unless you actually want to move your channels.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    I installed 25Xtreme last night and Xupdate today. That's all I've done. I'll try your suggestion but nothing as far as locals was done on this unit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    Originally posted by DarkWing
    Delete channels.dat, do a dumpall
    then edit channels.dat and do a reload
    then run with no arguments.
    How about a step by step on this one, or at least point me to one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    I've also seen similar things happen if you set the dish type incorrectly. Go into satellite dish setup and check. Also make sure your dish cable is connected properly and you're getting a good signal. As a last resort, you could also try, from the System Reset menu, the clear program data or clear and delete everything.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    I've tried resetting the dish type info but when it gets to bringing up the signal meters it just sits with the "Please Wait" graphic up. By the way, the info was correct. Checked my connections and everything. Hooked up the cable to another DTV Receiver and it's working. May do the reset next...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    Well I'm not 100% sure what I did but it's fixed!

    There was no channels.dat on my system so I just ran ./mvchannels.tcl dumpall. Then did ./mvchannels reload without even touching channels.dat (wasn't 100% sure what to edit out of it, but I do know now). Then I ran ./mvchannels.tcl and it gave me a bunch of errors. While that was running I re-ran, for the 2nd time, the dish setup. It locked up at the point where it would bring up the signal meter and then after about 2 mins rebooted. This time it rebooted fine. Oh, and it rebooted in the middle of ./mvchannels.tcl running and it never finished. Go figure...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    Had you run mvchannels or equivalent to add channels when you had v2.5? It could be, if that's the case, a mvchannels reset is in order before doing the upgrade. There are differneces between the channel data objects in mfs with v2.5 vs 2.5.2 vs 3.1.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307
    No, I didn't run mvchannels on it. Installed 25Xtreme and then went to bed while xupgrade downloaded. Installed it this afternoon and that's where it left me... Strange...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    14

    Same boat...

    I was in a similar situation -- going from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2 & stuck at 100% complete.

    I slowly went from 96...97...98...99. I've been stuck at 100% complete for about 20 minutes. I have used mvchannels in the past.

    I'm trying the above solution with the mvchannels dumpall, mvchannels reload and mvchannels. (ver 1.36).

    I got the dump & reload done. I'm also getting a bunch of errors running mvchannel, same as described above. I then hit the Menu button and got into the Dish Setup. The Dish was setup properly and the signal strength was fine. But at the end of the setup, the "aquiring satellite data" looks slightly different than the bootup version. In any case, it worked -- i.e. acquired the data and went to live TV.

    Thanks for the notes above that got me going down the right trail.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SouthEast (EST)
    Posts
    196

    20 MVCHANNELS

    mvchannels does not like an upgrade, as it changes all the channel values, and is unit dependant. if you did a /dumpall
    and made the proper adjustments, and then did ANY UPGRADES on the software, the data in the channels.dat file will be all wrong, and your in this situation.


    WHENEVER you change the s/w rev, delete channels.dat, and do:

    a new /dumpall and edit the new file

    The old data will make the unit choke!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    11

    Lightbulb reset

    I did a clear and delete everything reset and that fixed the problem for me good luck hope it helps

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    31

    xplusz before xupgrade 301

    I had installed xplusz newest version a couple a days ago and ran the mvchannels from there. I went to /hack/bin/xPlusz and ran the ./mvchannelsz.tcl dumpall and reload still no good. I can find mvchannels 1.35 but not 1.36.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •