Thread: TeraTermPro - Baud Rate and Bash Prompt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TeraTermPro - Baud Rate and Bash Prompt

Hey all...

Just a quick question I have on the baud rate and bash prompt regarding TeratermPro.

On my TIVO reciever I can get a bash prompt at 9600 almost everytime, but I want to download a file at a faster rate like 115200 but seem to lose my bash prompt when I switch baud ratings.
    Do I need to set up the terminal differently?. Can someone aid me or point me in the right direction on how I can accomplish this.

HQS

I'm not sure but I believe you have to set the baud rate in TeraTerm to match what the serial port on the Tivo is set to. Kraven's upgrade to 2.5Xtreme sets the baud rate to 115200 so you need to set up he serial connection in TeraTerm to match or you'll never get bash. There's probably a way to edit the necessary files on the Tivo to bump the baud rate to 115200 as it is apparently possible to do. You might try posting this in the DTivo hacking forum if you don't get an answer in the next couple of days.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

HQS...

Making TeraTerm Faster
    Speed up serial access to your DTiVo
    File(s) Needed: n/a

At Bash prompt enter:

stty 115200

On the TeraTerm menu, click Setup, then Serial Port. Change the Baud rate to 115200 and click "OK"

Press Enter and if you get a Bash prompt, it's working and we can make the change permanent. If you don't get a prompt, a reboot will return your DTiVo to the default 9600 Baud Rate

In TeraTerm click Setup, Save Setup and overwrite your teraterm.ini in the directory you installed TeraTerm to. This saves your new Baud Rate in TeraTerm

At Bash prompt enter:

cd /

joe .bashrc

Add the following line (or edit if it exists) below stty sane:

stty 115200

Save and exit Joe (ctrl-k then x) and you're done

Don't forget to hit enter again...

Hope this helps you out.
    Last edited by GreggRN; 01-18-2003 at 11:17 PM.
    I have always been, and always shall be, your friend.

Thanx....

Was just what I needed!....

Greatly appreciated!..

HQS