Thread: 2.5.01 is down HELP

Unhappy 2.5.01 is down HELP

Well I really did it!

And could use some help Please.. Not going in to how it happend but my Tivo ended up in the erase all mode and did just that.

Movies,season passes,suggestions and maybe extreme 2.5.01

Does anyone know if extreme is truly gone? The Harddrive was out of a box new when the extreme ISO was placed on it back in 12-01. Now the unit is on power up had to go thought th dish set up and is waiting to make a phone call to tivo.. I used the bash command touch/ect/SubTest and get dir not found..
    anyway do I have to reinstall the ISO on the drive?

Bob

I assume by "erase all" mode that you managed to do a "Clear and delete everything" in the System Reset screen. If so, this only sets all of your preferences back to default and does not erase 2.5Xtreme from your hard drive. It just means that you will have to go through guided setup again and reeset all of your preferences and season passes. You should not have to reinstall Xtreme.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

directory is "etc/" and you need a space after touch

OK

Ok well I am sitting at a screen asking for a phone line after going through set up? I am kind stumped!
    Bob

If you're stuck in the screen and can't get out, unplug the DTivo and let it reboot. You should be able to get back to the main Tivo screen when it boots back up. If you're not able to force a daily call manually, try connecting to your DTivo using TeraTerm via either serial connection or ethernet with a TurboNet adapter if it's installed and type in the following:

cd /tvbin
    ./fixsub.tcl

This will do the same thing as forcing the daily call. You should now be able to access the System Information screen and see that the last attempted call was successful.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

32 Thanks Guys

I want to Thank you guys for being there when needed, What was happening was The space after touch.. When this go so smooth as this has gone and you not profecent in the native UNIx commands you forget... Shame on me!

Thaanks again You both are a testiment to one helping another!
    And thats what these forums are all about!

Bob