Thread: neodvdplus

neodvdplus

hey all.. just came across a dvd creation product called neodvdplus by MedioStream. For those who want to transcode to 720x480 this seems to be the best tool I've found. After muxing, I just import the 480x480 .mpg from the tivo, hit create dvd and it will transcode it to a valid dvd resolution faster than real time. I have no idea how it does it, but i'm pretty happy.

The menu creation is pretty simplistic and won't give you the flexibility of other tools, but you could easily enough take the .vob from this and import it into another proggy to make decent menus. But for a quick tivo->dvd this seems great for me.

http://www.mediostream.com/products/neodvdplus/

and best of all, the plus version (with ac3 support) is only $50! and it supports vcd and slide shows. pretty sweet imo.

cheers,
    gosquad

hmm well i know why this is so fast. it's transcoding to 352x480. which actually might be ok. i'm going to compare it to the speed of tmpgenc's transcode..

The menu creation is pretty simplistic and won't give you the flexibility of other tools, but you could easily enough take the .vob from this and import it into another proggy to make decent menus.
    What menu-producing programs do you have in mind?