Thread: Anyone know where to get another t60 cover?

Anyone know where to get another t60 cover?

Well since I just got my t60 and did the 2.5xtreme install and the like I was thinking that as a preventative measure I would add some cooling to the unit to make sure it lives as long as possible.

Having hacked up computer cases in the past I figured I could do the same to the cover on the t60 without problems and add a low noise 92mm fan to it with some noise deadening inside (not dynamat since that is primarily for impact noise reduction, but something along the lines of corkboard which has worked well in the past for computers).

I do want to be able to return the unit to stock if nessacary and was wondering if anyone had a line on where to get another cover? I guess I can make it from scratch from plexi but I would prefer the original if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I have not seen anywhere that you can buy covers for T60's. Not even sony sells the covers. You're best bet would be to find someone with a dead T60 and make an offer for the cover. I have picked up a power supply that way for $10.

Old7

I believe you can order a cover from Sony. I've got a service manual at home with a part number breakdown. I'll check it tonight and post the part number. You should also be able to contact Sony and get the PN. The toll-free number for Sony is listed at www.tivo.com. You can also check the Sony website for parts.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Originally posted by captain_video
    I believe you can order a cover from Sony. I've got a service manual at home with a part number breakdown. I'll check it tonight and post the part number. You should also be able to contact Sony and get the PN. The toll-free number for Sony is listed at www.tivo.com. You can also check the Sony website for parts.
    I tried that route with Sony for a power supply. I got the part number and tried to order it from Sony. The CSR told me that the only parts available direct from them were cables and remotes. That I needed to send the unit in for repair to have the power supply replaced.

Of course with a different CSR...who knows. Maybe he needed to get back to his solitare game. I would have perfered ordering from Sony. I did pickup an extra remote.

Old7