Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local channels not showing

Just to clarify, you guys that aren't getting locals, are these legit subbed locals, aka, is it 'hacked onto the card' or is it the original (or clone) of the regular card? Mine is a clone.

I am Legit, paying for everything, but using fix-sub for no-phone line. See the other thread, seems that DTIVOS not using fix-sub are WORKING. Perhaps this is some kind of STING?

Jmayes

Originally posted by jmayes
    I am Legit, paying for everything, but using fix-sub for no-phone line. See the other thread, seems that DTIVOS not using fix-sub are WORKING. Perhaps this is some kind of STING?

Jmayes
    I'm using the subtest hack (I also have a legit tivo lifetime sub) and I'm fine. So that theory doesn't seem right.

Dave still wants your phone plugged in so they can spy on you. It seems that people that are using their phone line are not having troble.

Jmayes

Both my DSR-6000's are at 2.5.01 and neither one is plugged into a phone line and haven't been since 2.5Xtreme was installed. I run mvchannels on both units because I go back and forth between legit P4 cards and Hu test cards when there's a PPV I want to record. I've never had a problem with the locals dropping off. Running mvchannels couldn't hurt and it only has to be run once if you want the locals to show up in the 0-99s.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

captain, i'm running mvchannels as well, but my Las Vegas and Knoxville locals completely disappeared earlier in the week. Don't ask me how or why; they just did. So far, I've been unable to bring them back.

I keep seeing numerous posts about Las Vegas locals disappearing lately. Sounds like trying to get them is a real crapshoot (sorry, couldn't resist). I am assuming that you had everything working at some point. Have you tried running mvchannels.tcl manually from a bash prompt (probably a dumb question on my part but I gad to ask)? You might want to try reloading the channels as follows:

cd /var/hack (or wherever you've got it installed)
    ./mvchannels.tcl reload
    ./mvchannels.tcl -file=/var/hack/channels.dat

This should get them to show up in the 0-99s (no looping or editing of rc.sysinit necessary). If that doesn't work I'd try reinstalling everything from scratch. Make sure you save your channels.dat file in Unix format using TextPad or DOS2UNIX.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Unhappy

Personally, captain, I have a few cities in the 02-99 range, with most of the rest of them in the 900's. To make it easier for me, when using mvchannels, I put my own locals and my other spot beam locals, in the 02-99 range. All the 119 locals I put into the 900's. This helps me to remember which city is where, for the most part.

What's been happening lately with my mvchannels is that once it's running, some of the 119 ones automatically move to the 02-69 range within a few hours, while the others remain in the 900's. Furthermore, some 119 cities have a few of their channels go to the 02-69 range while others remain in the 900's. For example: Half of my Jacksonville channels move to the lower range while the other half remain in the 900's.

Meanwhile, Las Vegas and Knoxville are still missing altogether.

just thought i`d share whats happening with me

i`m in canada ...so obviously i`m not legit

been running 2.5.2 for many months now
    my locals haven`t had any trouble
    the only thing i noticed lately was the other day i had nashville show up in the guide ,and its way out of my spot beem area

Same problem in Columbus Ohio

We are now having the same problem in Columbus, Ohio. I am getting channel data for my locals, but the channel is showing "Channel not available" on the screen. I am on 2.5.2, with the Kraven update. It has been like 3 days now and still no locals. I am also using the NOPHONE option, so the DirecTivo has not dial out or anything in a few days. I am using a legal P4 card that I am paying for and seems to work fine in another reciever. Any ideas?

I am using xtreme 2.5.1. with a drd6000 DTiVo. with a clone HU. Can anyone tell me if upgrading to 2.5.2 will fix my loss of Greensboro locals that are subbed? Also will 3.1 work with an HU? and can you hack the lifetime sub with 3.1?
    There are 2 secrets to success.
    #1: Don't tell everything you know.

Everyone is losing locals and noone knows why. My wife just loves her local channels. This sucks.

I am in the midwest and also have had no locals on my sub for a couple weeks now. Must be going nationwide. All my other receivers work great. I miss my Tivo Local

Originally posted by rc3105
    make sure your tivo is at 2.5.2 or later (an upgrade from 2.5.01 or 2.5.1 is another topic, plenty of threads on that allready)

use midupdate.tcl to set your market id to 0

reboot

clear your program guide & todo list (won't erase shows)

reboot

use midupdate.tcl to set your market id correctly

reboot

locals should return - has worked on serveral tivos here and they came back in seconds (check to make sure you don't have mvchannels or xplusz or anything else mucking with the channel listings)

--
    Riley
    I'd love to see someone with the locals problem follow these steps but WITHOUT going to 2.5.2 and see if it works. Sorry, I remain unconvinced it has anything to do with 2.5.01.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

I did

Just so you know ... i did follow the instructions to the letter and until i upgraded to 2.5.2 no local channels worked.

Re: I did

Originally posted by viden
    Just so you know ... i did follow the instructions to the letter and until i upgraded to 2.5.2 no local channels worked.
    Ok, thanks. Guess I've just been lucky.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.