Thread: Series 2 SA extraction...

Unhappy Series 2 SA extraction...

Well, after two months of searching I haven't found any way to get an unscrambled stream extracted from my S2 SA 80 hr Tivo... Very frustrating as this is the reason I bought the dang thing. Wish I had waited a little longer until I understood what was going on and just got an S1 from ebay.

Anyway, I added a 120G hard drive to the Tivo in hopes that I could buy some time and have room for the episodes of this show that I want, but alas I am quickly running out of room.

I resigned myself to doing an analog capture of the episodes that I have by running coax from the video out on the Tivo to the video in on my AIW Radeon 8500DV. I wanted to capture in premiere 6.5 so I could easily do some editing to the video I captured, and then export it as fully functional demuxed mpv and mpa streams that I can use to build season sized DVDs with. For some reason though, premiere tells me that the AIW is in use by something else. I have stopped all processes and can capture in vegas video and other programs, just not premiere (which is my preferred method). ATI's stupid MMC captures for crap, and is very limited in giving me options to get the stream that I want.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to get the video streams out of this SA S2 Tivo, or at least what to use to capture good quality that can be easily edited (mpgs often have audio synching problems when edited) via this stupid AIW?

Thank for any help you all can give, this quest for the holy grail is extremely frustrating...

Buttwidget

It's a pain in the but, I imagine, but...

Search the threads for The Other extraction method. The one where you pull the disks, put them in your pc, and copy the shows to your pc. I suspect it's a little more complicated than that, and I've no idea if the shows are scrambled as they are on Dtivos.

Good luck!

As I understand it...

...they are encrypted. This is why I am stuck going the analog capture route...

last i checked SA s2 streams were not encrypted. if you can get bash into the box, try using the mips version of tserver_mfs. its here: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=21103