Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No Locals on Dtivo

No Locals on Dtivo in Austin

My local stations have just disappeared from the Dtivo guide on my Sony T-60. I just had them yesterday. It is wierd. Do I need to do somthing with a tcl to avoid this? I really just want the locals from my area. I am sure the DTV sub is correct as it works with locals on another ird. Anything quirky with the tivo?

Thanks for your help.

drewzer
    Last edited by drewzer; 02-07-2003 at 05:14 PM.

Using mvchannels, I can get Dallas locals that are on my spotbeam, but not the Austin ones. I live in Austin and I used to get them. It seems wierd to me that I can do this.

Can I look at something in channels.dat or main.dat to assertain if something is wrong particular to Austin?

Thanks for your help.

Drewzer

Ugh, I lost mine too...

We just lost our Austin locals yesterday too. I started messing with mvchannels.tcl to try and get them back but I haven't been successful. I've been running for months just fine, then all of a sudden, poof.

When I looked in the Customize Channels screen, I saw my original Milwaukee and Chicago channels (which I couldn't get anymore since we moved down here, plus we subscribe now).

I can't seem to find any real good info on this problem either. I had DirecTV resend to my card twice.

I'm downloading the xupgrade 2.5.2 stuff and I'll probably give that a shot this weekend.

My locals are gone too!!!

I live in Austin too and my locals are history!!!! The other receivers have them. I have a Sat-t60. Strange did any of you find a way to get the locals back on your DTiVo? I am at a loss of things to do.....

Most but not all of my locals went "To be announced" yesterday. I have a DSR6000 and I quit messing with my locals setup over a week ago. I'm in L.A. CA. Wonder how many others have this problem?

Re: Ugh, I lost mine too...

[i]
    I can't seem to find any real good info on this problem either. I had DirecTV resend to my card twice.
    [/B]
    I had DTV bounce mine a couple of times too, and now sent me a new card, should he here today. She said on the phone, "normally it costs $20 for a new access card, but I won't charge you today".... I was thinking, wtf? it's not my fault it doesn't work!!!! (At least with Xtreme and NO mvchannels mods it used to work fine.) It sucks not having locals, luckily I have cable wired up to the secondary input on the TV, but I can't record sh1t........

ok, this is really getting strange... I have been trying to find an answer to this same problem as well...

I TOO have lost the Austin locals. It seems quite strange that no one else was having this problem, but it seems that it might be related to Austin locals somehow?

I haven't tried getting the Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio locals yet. I'll mvchannels.tcl them tonight, and see what happens.

I HAVE tried using mvchannels to put the Austin locals back in, and they now come up as "Channel not available"

I was thinking I was going to be forced to go to 3.1 this weekend to solve the problem, but no one has been able to verify that that would actually fix the problem. Is it a problem with 2.5.x and getting locals? Would 3.1 fix the problem?

-slipstream

Locals

I'm not in Austn anymore, but I remember losing my locals. I think I had to reset the program guide data and they eventually came back. I didn't use mvchannels or any script like that. I may have had to call DTV and report a problem w/ my programming, but I think I eventually got it to work w/out having them do anything. However, I definitely didn't need to use any scripts.

LOL ... ok, who new we were all in Austin ?? !!

Anyway, same issue here, stand-alone RCA receiver and T60 as well ... either you get no locals or Dallas.

I'm 99.44% certain it's not a Tivo issue

I would agree... I have switched my locals to Dallas, and they come in fine. Switch them back to Austin, and they are GONE. "Channel not available."

Any suggestions? So I would guess that going to 3.1 would have no effect.

-slipstream

Lightbulb considering that DirecTV now controls DirecTiVo . . .

i'd call Dave and raise heck, hell, and more . . .

(shoot, i'd call and raise heck, even if everything were okay. )

Uhhh ... that was my second choice

It's happening for me also on v2.5.2 and v3.1.0, lost some channels and guide data. They don't seem to be sending the packets that activate the locals anymore. Too busy lately sending those other troublesome packets I guess.

Zap, I'm glad you said that. Thought sure it was some dumb thing I had done with addlocals. Turned it back on and set it to only my real locals. No improvment. Still get the shows, just no guide data. Really hope this is temp'.

At this time all my UHF locals are gone as are The WB and a few independent stations on VHF. I've noticed something that may matter or may not. During the last few weeks the guide data has been showing incomplete for some channels. You see that in the far left side of the guide near the channel ID. No idea why.

Well I just inserted my new access card and still NO local Austin Channels! I have Dave on the line right now and they are trying to find out what is going on. I am getting a little worried now, what could be wrong with it, it isn't the signal after all, because I have locals in my Bedroom. I hope I don't have to reload my TiVo.... I hope someone finds a fix for this soon.