Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No Locals on Dtivo

I too lost locals on my 2 dtivo's. The other 2 normal receivers are getting the locals. This all started wednesday morning when all the austin locals (even on the non-dtivo receivers) were out.

Later that afternoon, they were back on the regular receivers, but not my dtivo's. I have the original 2.5 xtreme images on them, with FixSub activated.

My in-laws have 3 dtivos, two of them non-hacked and one semi-hacked (larger HD with 2.5 xtreme, but no FixSub so it still dials in and has auto updated itself to 3.1). They are still getting their locals without a problem. We all have P4 cards.

Unless I hear something before tomorrow afternoon, I am going to upgrade one of mine to 3.1 to see if that fixes the problem.

Originally posted by MiTEs
    I too lost locals on my 2 dtivo's. The other 2 normal receivers are getting the locals. This all started wednesday morning when all the austin locals (even on the non-dtivo receivers) were out.

Later that afternoon, they were back on the regular receivers, but not my dtivo's. I have the original 2.5 xtreme images on them, with FixSub activated.

My in-laws have 3 dtivos, two of them non-hacked and one semi-hacked (larger HD with 2.5 xtreme, but no FixSub so it still dials in and has auto updated itself to 3.1). They are still getting their locals without a problem. We all have P4 cards.

Unless I hear something before tomorrow afternoon, I am going to upgrade one of mine to 3.1 to see if that fixes the problem.
    So your family with subbed no fixsub Sat 60's in Austin are still getting locals???? DOH! If that's true...... I think someone posted they tried 3.1 or 2.5.2 and still no locals..

So to update, I have a new P4 card in there, and I did the 1 hour reset of the guide data. NO locals still. DTV says they are going to send me ANOTHER P4 card, I asked what the difference was and they reassured me that cards can perform differently. Sh1t, it has been since Wednesday without locals, that was like 90% of my recording.......

Same problem in Knoxville, DTIVO w/251 extreme & Fixsub lost locals on wednesday. Non Tivo still working.

We are on another thread:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...p?postid=82800

Called Dave and was told to get a new Access card and they would not wave the $20 so I told them NO!

Just got my new P4 a month ago and all worked fine, it's not the card.

At this moment I am sitting tight, hope a fix can be found. I can't belive Dave wants to screw with us PAYING slobs!! This really SUX.

Keep posting!
    Jmayes

I don't know if this will help you guys but I did an xPlusz MVC reset (#61) and a reboot, waited overnight and now all my locals are back. I notice in the guide data that there are holes and only a partial guide is available. Just 6 days worth. I have no idea what's going on to cause this mess. I *don't think* I'm to blame as my experiments stopped last week. As for the holes/partials I know that's not my doing. I also see that the Showcases are resorted, yet again. Now the Daredevil trailer is *in* the Showcase sub directory, along with a new "Switch to Tivo series 2!" trailer. Maybe downloading all these FMV items has been a trade off for the usually longer guide data? I'm just guessing now.

I don't think it was anything that you did. I have not put on any of the xPlusz stuff. Everything on the two dtivo's that are not working is from the original 2.5xtreme images. I simply did a 'touch FixSub' to make it not dial home.

I am beginning to think they are wanting to ensure people are using 3.1 with the new P4 cards. I will upgrade one of the units to 3.1 either tonight or tomorrow and let you know what happens with it.

Another strange thing that has happened on mine is that the Austin Locals seemed to have disappeared from a "mvchannels.tcl dumpall"

I have done a 'dumpall' and the "AU2..AU56" are not there anymore. I have also gone as far as 'resetting the guide data' (the one hour process) and doing the 'dumpall' again.

Still no Austin Locals in the channels.dat

I would be interested in hearing if the upgrade to 3.1 fixes it. And if it does, HOW are they able to verify that you are on 3.1? Has the guide data format somehow changed in a way that only 3.1 can decode it?

-slipstream

Man, I am glad to see this thread.

I am seeing the same thing in Austin. I actually happend to be recording something when the locals went out on Wednesday, so I can nail it at about 8:43AM.

I'm running DSR6K's that are at 2.5.1 with the hack applied so they don't call home. I tried plugging one in and it upgraded to 2.5.2 and then the channels were back in the guide, but they still said "Channel Not Available" when you go to one of them.

I've spent hours on the phone with ***** DTV CSR's and all they keep offering is to send a technician to my house. I know it has nothing to do with my dish or wiring.

Do any of you who are having the problem have your phone line continuously connected? I haven't made a DTV call in over a year and I'm wondering if that could be a factor.

Question

Just curious.

Are locals still unavailable in Knoxville and Austin for you folks?

10/4 on Knoxville, nothing!!!

I did the mvchannels thing, no change.

I do not get any guide info using the UI but I can get (future) guide info via tivoweb so I know it's in there...

I hope we can find a answer to this soon.

Jmayes

put 3.1 on one of the units this afternoon. Started with a fresh install of 2.5 extreme, lets the system boot to set itself to 2.5, then upgraded to 3.1 after that.

Its gathering guide data for most channels, locals have not shown up yet however. I am hoping it is just the normal delay though. I'll let you know tomorrow (or sooner if they show up) whether just simply upgrading works.

I use selectlocals.tcl and 2.5xtreme in Austin ... took a while before I could add Austin (AU) channels as they seemed to show up last. Problem seems to be then that it only thinks Dallas (DL) channels are "local", not Austin. Austin channels appear as "Channel not available". Anyone else in Austin seeing the same thing? Moving the same card to a 5th gen RCA and Austin locals are fine. Seems odd ...

Ok, update with my system.

After running with 3.1 for about 4.5 hours, the system suddenly quit showing stations and went to the 'Aquiring Satellite Info' screen and was totally stuck at 63%.

I rebooted after a while, and upon bootup it got stuck at 63% again. I went to tivo central, and went through the guided satellite setup again.

My unit is connected to a dual LNB dish, and this is what I told it I had earlier in the day. However, I noticed about 1.5 weeks ago that most transponders on the B satellite (119 bird) had 0 signal strength.

So, just playing around, I set it to 'round' dish and finished up the guided setup. It went through its normal routine and actually made it to 100%. When the video came back on, I immediately dialed in channel 36 (Austin NBC) and it showed up finally. The guide data is still 'TBA' but at least I am getting video with it again.

BTW, I had already tried changing it to the round dish with the 2.5.0 software, no joy at that time.

So, to sum it up, it appears that upgrading to 3.1 has made a difference. I will let you know if/when guide data starts showing up again for the stations. I did not use mvchannels or setlocals, as I have no test cards to attempt to pick up the dallas and/or houston stations.

Update:

While typing in the message, the guide information is now showing up for the stations. My only suggestion from all of this is to upgrade to 3.1, and set your dish type as 'round' even if you have an oval dish. Now that they are using spot beams, the austin locals no longer need the B (119) bird.

Last edited by MiTEs; 02-09-2003 at 09:35 PM.

I forgot to mention, I only upgraded one of my 2 dtivo's to 3.1, just to make sure that it was the upgrade that effected the change. Still no locals on the 2.5.0 unit. After my wife gets through watching her shows tonight, I will attempt the change to the 'round' dish with her system not upgrading the software and let you know if anything comes of it..

MiTEs,

Thanks for the info -- definitely let us know your progress with the 2.5 unit. Also, unless something has very recently changed, I believe that Austin locals are on 101, and fwiw, (to jmayes) Knoxville's locals are on 119.
    Last edited by OvitivO; 02-10-2003 at 08:04 AM.