Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: No Locals on Dtivo

Smile How I fixed my locals

Thanks to the posters on this thread (sorry I didn't want to dig back to find your names) I got my Austin locals working again. I know this still doesn't identify the root problem, but I did want to provide some additional validation that this method works.

I originally lost the locals on a DSR6k running 2.5.0. It hadn't called home in at least a year. I didn't apply any of the scripts to disable calling, I just followed some directions for editing a tcl file and changing the return code so that the call always appears successful.

Upon losing the locals, I plugged in the box and it upgraded to 2.5.2. I went through many steps with DTV including reactivations and still nothing.

I then upgraded to 3.1 and waited about 10-12 hours as well as making a daily call. (Some posters said they got their locals after upgrading and waiting 4-5 hours.)

I then did a clear program data and to do list and the locals are back! I don't know if it was immediate since I started the process before I left the house for the day, but when I got back I had locals!

Slight problem - I started the "Clear Program Data and Todo list" last night around 11:30PM. It's been over eight hours and it's still at the "Clearning Program Data & ToDo List. This will take an hour." screen. Any ideas? I think it's probably locked up, but am afraid if I reboot I'll end up with a dead box.

I have had it take like 3hrs before. They lie when they say it will take an hour. But 8hrs seems a little extreme. Maybe you have bigger drives or more data. If you dont feel like waiting any longer you can pull the plug i suppose. If all else fails, re-extreme, then update with superzap.

-HR

Originally posted by Hi8
    oh yeah, and what happens when I get my NEW P4 card tommorrow, and insert it, and THAT doesn't work either!
    well I'm now at that point ... my new P4 card didn't work either.

DTV is definitly doing something with locals nationwide... seems to be effecting DTIVOs with Xtreme25 ---

I just ordered a new 120gig HD to build a new disc with 3.1 Xtreme'd or upgrade from 2.5.1 -> 2.5.2 I'm really hoping before my new drive arrives someone comes up with a fix. I'm hoping it's just a "token" that is missing that was missed during a service data transfer and update. It would be helpful if someone with locals still working could dump their tokens...
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

No one will be running a legit directv tivo still at 2.5. Thats why DTV doesn't know there is a problem. It would be impossible for a legit person to still be at 2.5. Well i guess if they dont have the phone configured. Then tivo services wouldn't work. They may still recieve the nag to dial in however.

-HR

well, I upgraded to 2.5.2 and got my guide (Grand Rapids) back but the channels still say "not available"

Don't know what to do next.

I have only said this like 10 friggin times. Clear program data and todo list!!!!

-HR

Question 2.5.2 vs 2.5

Although this is a slight tangent from the thread, perhaps it would be informative to list out all of the feature differences and script (in)compatibilities between 2.5 and 2.5.2.

Also, is there *any* reason why someone should still be at 2.5 (assuming they are willing to go through an upgrade).

With that said, who all knows the major differences between 2.5 and 2.5.2?

Sorry, guys, these suggestions ain't gonna work. Tried it, no resolution. Next suggestion.

Re: 2.5.2 vs 2.5

Originally posted by OvitivO
    Although this is a slight tangent from the thread, perhaps it would be informative to list out all of the feature differences and script (in)compatibilities between 2.5 and 2.5.2.

Also, is there *any* reason why someone should still be at 2.5 (assuming they are willing to go through an upgrade).

With that said, who all knows the major differences between 2.5 and 2.5.2?
    Hey Ovittivo, I know xplusz is intergrated now... Any thing else is beyond me!!! By the way.. howz thing going for you now?

HR,

All 5 Dtivo's are up and running with locals...Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to the others that made sugestions too.

I had probs with on of my units losing bash, I believe that's because I updated without the -p option believing I had 25xtreme already installed when it wasn't.

I re-xtreme'd and then updated , waited for new software to install, did a clear program data and todo list and it's up as well.

Superzap,

Would it hurt to use the -p option with the upgrades if the prom has already been flashed with xtreme ? If not, maybe it should be suggested to be used everytime if one wasn't positive about the state of the tivo software....

nl

Originally posted by neonleon
    Would it hurt to use the -p option with the upgrades if the prom has already been flashed with xtreme ? If not, maybe it should be suggested to be used everytime if one wasn't positive about the state of the tivo software....
    No, it wouldn't hurt to use the -p option when your drive has already been xtreme'd but it would add a little time to the process and there would probably be more questions about why it was trying to flash when it isn't necessary.

What about the people who already have 2.5.2--or 3.1, for that matter--and still haven't been able to retrieve their 119 locals? I know several people in this situation.

Originally posted by Ump25
    What about the people who already have 2.5.2--or 3.1, for that matter--and still haven't been able to retrieve their 119 locals? I know several people in this situation.
    oh well, bit the bullet... upgraded to 3.1 my locals are back. And to my surprize my TiVo is MUCH snappier! my main hacks were tserver_mfs6 and tivoweb, both working fine. I did Install xplusz but it doesn't seem to start my inet daemons the way it's suppose to...? no biggy , I created a rc.sysinit.author to do that and all is working great now...
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

My locals are back

Don't know if they would have been back on 2.5, but now I am running 2.5.2 and they are back....