Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: No Locals on Dtivo

As a test to verify what other have been posting, I have success getting N.O. locals from 119 on v3.1.0. Took about 2 hours after making the necessary changes. Hopefully DTV has fixed their problems.

N.O. locals

I have lost my N.O. locals like the Austin guys. I am running a legit sub P3 in a DSR6000 box with Xtreme 2.5.01 installed. What do I have to do to get locals back? Do I upgrade to 2.5.2 using bash prompt and serial cable? If so how, I am not an experienced user and the last time I bash`d my TiVo it was reading instructions off a cheat sheet.

John

jonequest

jonequest,

You're probably not going to like this answer, but I promise that if you actually do this it will get you up and running.

Read this entire thread from top to bottom.

Read this other entire thread from top to bottom.

Good luck!

I have read but there are differing opinions as to what works, and people have different combinations of what they have done, version #, card, etc.

John

So to recap,

1. upgrade to 2.52
    2. do a clear program/todo's
    3. wait until locals come back.

No phoneline required?

Has this worked for everyone?

Seems this thread is cooling down.

Thankx all for the information!
    Jmayes

Double posted
    Last edited by jmayes; 02-17-2003 at 08:36 AM.

I was one of the Austin folks effected on 2.5, went directly to 3.1 and the locals are back with HU. Probably several methods in this thread that will work, I attempted this one on a test drive and it was fine, thanks to all who helped share ideas and their results.

This Stinks!!!

I am one of the Austin guys that lost locals almost two weeks ago. I was at 2.5.01 (xtreme25 with KraveN updates)

This weekend I upgraded to 3.1 in order to attempt to fix the problem. I ALSO installed the following:

-fixsub31
    -sc.tcl (1.02 version)
    -tivoweb

I did all of this on Sunday about 2:30 PM CST. As of this morning ( 8:03 AM CST ), still NO LOCALS!!! The only thing that has changed is that this morning, I now have "Showcases" which I did not have as of last night. I'm assuming those came in with the 2:30 AM service download.

I am wondering if I MAY have screwed it by loading the SC.TCL script. Since it is believed that it MAY be the cause of the problem with 2.5, could I be having the same problem now with 3.1?

I have modified the "dumpdgl.tcl" that RUBIK posted earlier to include support for both 2.5 and 3.1. Could somebody in Austin, with their Austin locals working, run this and post their results. If you don't feel comfortable posting directly, you can PM as well.

If anyone has any other ideas as where I should go from here, I'd LOVE to hear it...

Here are the instructions again:

Here's a quick MODIFIED TCL script that will dump your "DataGroupList" contents to your screen...

NOTE: This NOW works with 2.5.x AND 3.1....

To run it:

1) Upload to your DTiVo via bash/ftp.. Place it in /hack or /var/hack
    2) Type "chmod 755 dumpdgl31.tcl" to make it executable.
    3) Run it as /hack/dumpdgl31.tcl or /var/hack/dumpdgl31.tcl or cd to the proper directory and run as "./dumpdgl31.tcl" or whatever.

-slipstream

update...

I am using an oval dish, and I get 90+ on all Transponders except 4 and 18 (on SAT A) for which I get zero signal strength. ( This is normal, right? ) Other than that, I get 90+ on BOTH SATs.

I am also using mvchannels.tcl 1.36 to do a "dumpall" just to see if the Austin locals ( "AU" ) are showing up. So far they are missing from the list...

Anything else I'm missing or could be looking at?

-slipstream

woohoo!

Okay, I can verify. I had no Austin locals for several weeks now up until last night. What I did was pull my drive and install superzap's xupgrade. I ran upgrd252.sh and when that was done I put the drive back in. The Tivo updated itself to 2.5.2. After it was done I still had no locals so I went and tried to add them with xplusz #60,19. That didn't do any good (added the ST stations. Who is that?).

I went ahead and did a clear program and guide data. This did the trick, when it came back up we had locals.

This is the fix. It's obviously something different in 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 (and 3.1).

phungus

Glad you got your locals back.

Just to clarify the xPlusz #60,19 command. You asked for St Louis locals, the correct command for Austin would have been #60,25. Maybe you got confused between the hex and decimal values, 19 hex = 25 dec.

The correct thing is to do the Clear Program Data after the upgrade.

Additional Info...

I used KraveN's update to go to 3.1. I thought the only real difference between that and SuperZaps was that SuperZap's included xplusz already.

Is there anything else that would have helped get the Austin locals back?

And FYI, I ALSO have already done 'Clear Program Data' as well... Did that yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Still no 'AU' in the mvchannels dumpall...

-slipstream

I personally am not a real believer in mvchannels. No need for it unless you want to pull in other markets.

-HR

HR,

I was just using it to do a 'dumpall' so that I can see if the Austin local channels appear in the database... Since "AU" does not appear when I do a 'dumpall', then I know that the locals won't come in.

I am not using it to pull in any other markets. I am simply using it to see the available channels in the db. Is there a better tool to verify when the locals are there? ( Other than just putting the card in the receiver and waiting for them to appear? )

Also, HolyRoses, would it be possible for you to run the above script (dumpdgl31.tcl) to see if there is any thing missing from my DataGroupList?

-slipstream

slipstream - ran your application on my 3.1 box just finished over the weekend and got:

/var/hack# chmod +x dumpdgl31.tcl
    /var/hack# ./dumpdgl31.tcl
    No EventSwitcher active
    while executing
    "dbopen"
    (file "./dumpdgl31.tcl" line 6)

By the way, I am using "selectlocals.tcl AU DL "to get Austin and Dallas locals in 3.1. Took a while (overnight) before I could add locals, AU channels were not found initially.