Thread: Testing Compatability among DVD Players

Hybrid View

Testing Compatability among DVD Players

I feel certain my player can read DVD-R's. I need to test this process though. Does anyone know where I can find software to clone an existing DVD movie to a DVD-R?
    I have a new Samsung (S4120R) that I will hack completely. I will be writing everything I do up in an Easy Hacking Guide for that unit once I am done similar to what I did with the T60 'unleashed' for those of you that remember. If you can assist me in this process, I am gratefull for your help. Also, my 'chat' address on MSN Messenger is "tivosnoopy at hotmail.com" for anyone wishing to exchange ideas in real-time.

Try DVDXCopy, Nero, RecordNow Max, or Prassi PrimoDVD. All of these programs will copy a DVD to a DVD-R. DVDXCopy wil allow you to split a DVD-9 (dual-layer DVD) and copy it to two DVD-5 discs (single layer DVD-Rs).
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Re: Testing Compatability among DVD Players

Originally posted by snoopy
    I feel certain my player can read DVD-R's. ...
    what player do you have?

make/md#?

it's an all-in-one, right?

Re: Re: Testing Compatability among DVD Players

Originally posted by Fugg
    what player do you have?

make/md#?

it's an all-in-one, right?
    Yes it is. But it plays a VCD I burned
    I have a new Samsung (S4120R) that I will hack completely. I will be writing everything I do up in an Easy Hacking Guide for that unit once I am done similar to what I did with the T60 'unleashed' for those of you that remember. If you can assist me in this process, I am gratefull for your help. Also, my 'chat' address on MSN Messenger is "tivosnoopy at hotmail.com" for anyone wishing to exchange ideas in real-time.

Try this site for help http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers
    but I've read that the combo units are generally about a year older in design. VCD is a formatted recognized by DVD players before DVD-R. I have a Phillips player that has no trouble with CD's that I burned (audio, VCD...) but won't handle DVD's that I burned.