Thread: Timecode Jumps

Unhappy Timecode Jumps

I hacked my tivo on saturday and got everything up and running ( thanks to all in the community). I used TivoApp to pull some shows off my Tivo (SA phillips) and had no problems the first three times. Now I get timecode jumps errors everytime I extract. I tired extracting to MPEG2 and also to TY file and then using tyConvert. Had errors with both processes. Can anyone help me?

You might want to try using some more up-to-date tools for extracting and splitting tystreams. I didn't think anyone still used TivoApp. Tytool is by far the most popular tool for extractions. Tydemux will most likely fix any errors in the tystream. Tysplit is also widely used for splitting tystreams but does not have the self-repair features of tydemux. Tysplit is incorporated into tytool to allow you to extract and split tystreams on the fly.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks for the info. I tried tytool5 r5 and got the same errors. Any other clues?

Jeff,

Are you having tytool grab the file and save it as a ty file? or having it split it out as it saves?

I'd recommend saving it as a ty file and using tydemux and mplex to demux and remux to an mpg.

You may want to also try (just for kicks) rebooting the tivo... not sure if it'll do anything but it never hurts.

If the problem persists, please exlain in a little better detail... perhaps a cut and paste of the error message. Is that message from tytool? When is it showing up? what do the logs look like?

-Gruph