Thread: list of process's currently running on tivo?

list of process's currently running on tivo?

how can i get a list of process's currently running on my tivo? i installed tivoapp and then i installed mfsstream web module and my tivo seems to lock up some times im trying to see if the tivoapp is still running and maybe causing the problems. any one have any ideas? ps doesn't work.

ps x
    To stop execution of a process, use the "kill" command, followed by the process id (PID).
    As for why it dies... *shrug*

i don't think ps is even installed... how do i install it?

Running PS...

You can run this from inside of tivosh. From the bash prompt type:

tivosh
    ps

you should get a list of the currently running processes. Note that kill <pid> works in tivosh and bash but ps only seems to work under tivosh.

thanks! I've been trying to figure this out for weeks!

This is strange. I run ps under bash all the time, and never have to resort to using tivosh .
    I've done this with ver 1.3 , 2.51 , .and now on ver 3 . You should NOT need to go into tivosh to run ps .
    If ps doesn't run under bash, then there is probably something messed up with respect to the path. Do an " echo $PATH " and check to see if ps is in one of the directories listed in your path.
    Also, I don't think that the ps command is part of the TIVO software, but instead, I think it is one of the utilities that came in the tivobin directory that is formed when you install tivonet.