Thread: Welcome Powering UP

Welcome Powering UP

I just bought a Tivo HDVR2 Hughes system. I am trying to install new hd maxtor 80gig 7200. I have installed 25xtreme on it. I have installed in the TIVO and all I get is Welcome Powering Up how long should this msg stay up has been over an hour. Is this fine or should I start over.

Thanks in advance

There are at least 100 threads about this issue. Check out the search function at the top of the page.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

everything

I have searched the forum the only suggestions I have found are reburn the iso file or the hd maybe bad. I have reburnt the 25xtreme 3 times using two differnet cdrw and used nero and adaptec. I have also tried two hd any other suggestions. The decompression errors out at 99% but everything I hace read says this is ok. PLEASE HELP

HDVR2 is second generation DTivo. 25Xtreme is for series 1 DTivo only.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

software

What version do I need to be able to use hu card

Doh!! I didn't see the part about your DTivo being a series 2 unit. Sorry 'bout that. No wonder it doesn't boot. I hope you made a backup image of the HDVR2 original drive (or at least have the original drive to reinstall). You should be able to copy the drive to the new larger drive and install it in the new DTivo. You're pretty much limited to what you can hack on a series 2 DTivo, however. Get yourself a copy of MFS Tools 2.0 and Hinsdale's latest How To for info on backing up your drive and installing larger drives. It should still apply to series 2 DTivos for drive upgrades. You can find the info at the 9th Tee website or look for the links in the How Tos Only thread in the DTivo Hacking Forum.
    Last edited by captain_video; 02-13-2003 at 09:07 PM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply I did not alter the 40gig that came with the unit. I purchased a seperate hd to play with for hacking

Had the same problem once....I forgot to change the H-drive jumper back to 'master' or 'cable select' after removing from my pc where it was set-up as 'slave'
    Simple quick check for you. hope it was that simple
    8 GXCEBOT's w/2.5.2
    running great
    1 needs help
    1 series 2..haven't dared yet

Series II hacking Thread

Have a look at this thread in Series 2 hacking on this forum.
    Also, check MrBlack51's reference to a thread at AVS.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=21103

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=90268

As was already stated, the options around Series 2 are limited. In particular, there is no way currently available to use an HU card with the Series 2 unit. The boot299.btl hack doesn't work.

There are some interesting hardware hacks coming for HDVR2 using prom switches. Check the AVS community threads on series 2.

Good luck,
    Nitrous