Page 64 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Mfs_Ftp: extract, archive, restore & transfer recordings

Quote Originally Posted by acdc_rulz
    07:17:43:PM - 200 PORT command successful.
    07:17:43:PM - 150 About to open data connection.
    bgerror invoked with error

" child process exited abnormally "
    It's a little hard to tell what's going on without a detailed log: set info(dbl) to 5 for more detail.

My guess is that you haven't properly installed the mfs_* utilities. mfs_stream/mfs_export are really just cover scripts over mfs_uberexport, and are expected to be in the same directory as it. Your absolute (rather than relative) symbol link makes me think you haven't done this properly.

Suggestion: from a bash shell, cd to your mfs_ftp directory and run "./mfs_stream -h" and "./mfs_export -h". You should see some usage info. If you get an error message instead, it indicates they aren't installed correctly.

You could use the patch for mfs_ftp and it will use mfs_uberexport directly, so you won't have to worry about the legacy cover scripts.

35 mfs_ftp insert failing at 2GB

I am moving a ton of recordings from my old T60 to my new DSR708. I have the latest bins loaded on the S2 and am UL'ing from a Server 2003 PC to the S2. For some reason when I try to insert from this PC using mfs_ftp and SmartFTP client, a >2gb file gets to the 2gb mark and the S2 reboots! I have done may files <2gb with no issues AND have FXP'ed a number of unscrambled Dolby Digital recordings from the T60 to the S2 >2gb with no issues? All other mfs functions are working OK.

Any ideas? This is wearing me out! I have searched and researched but nothing...

Thanks!
    Thanks!
    BNDT12

slow download

I am using a tivo airnet and mfs ftp to download files. I can upload at 300KB/s and only download at 80KB/s. The upload is good for me considering the airnet but why is the download so slow? I know about problems with uploading being slow but have not had this problem before. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
    hdr612 hacked to 128hrs
    hdr312 not hacked

Quote Originally Posted by bndt12
    I am moving a ton of recordings from my old T60 to my new DSR708. I have the latest bins loaded on the S2 and am UL'ing from a Server 2003 PC to the S2. For some reason when I try to insert from this PC using mfs_ftp and SmartFTP client, a >2gb file gets to the 2gb mark and the S2 reboots! I have done may files <2gb with no issues AND have FXP'ed a number of unscrambled Dolby Digital recordings from the T60 to the S2 >2gb with no issues? All other mfs functions are working OK.

Any ideas? This is wearing me out! I have searched and researched but nothing...

Thanks!
    Are you sure it's all there on the PC? Some PC filesystems have a 2Gb file size limit.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    Are you sure it's all there on the PC? Some PC filesystems have a 2Gb file size limit.
    These are all being stored on a Windows Server 2003 machine with NTFS.

I tried reinserting back to the T60 but it stops at 2GB as well(no reboot). I have tried SmartFTP and WS_Ftp, same results.

I haven't had time to get the logging for mfs_ftp but plan to do it soon.

Man, if I could get the in-place unscramble to work and didn't have to do the audio conversion(ty1to2) the FXP transfers work great(DD recordings).
    Thanks!
    BNDT12

Quote Originally Posted by bndt12

Thanks!
    Sanderton,

I have this thread going to track this issue. Please take a look see..

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...944#post233944
    Thanks!
    BNDT12

MfsFtp fails to start with 0x30019

When I run MfsFtp I get the below message. I tried running MfsAssert -please a bunch of times and still happens:

Code:
    =[tivo:root]-# no such object: CONFLICT err=0x30019
        while executing
    "dbobj $obj fsid"
        (procedure "dump_object" line 5)
        invoked from within
    "dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix ""
        ("object" arm line 1)
        invoked from within
    "switch $atype {
            object { append output [dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix "]; set a "" }
         }"
        (procedure "dump_object" line 38)
        invoked from within
    "dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix ""
        ("object" arm line 1)
        invoked from within
    "switch $atype {
            object { append output [dump_object $a $attr [expr $depth-1] "$prefix "]; set a "" }
         }"
        (procedure "dump_object" line 38)
        invoked from within
    "dump_object $obj "_top""
        (procedure "dump_xml" line 6)
        invoked from within
    "dump_xml [db $db openid $fsid]"
        ("uplevel" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
        invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction { set xml "[dump_xml [db $db openid $fsid]]" }"
        (procedure "cache_xml_2_disk" line 15)
        invoked from within
    "cache_xml_2_disk $fsid"
        (procedure "rec_info_from_db" line 22)
        invoked from within
    "rec_info_from_db $fsid"
        (procedure "update_rec_fsids" line 17)
        invoked from within
    "update_rec_fsids 1"
        (procedure "init_procs" line 11)
        invoked from within
    "init_procs"
        (file "./mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)
    Anybody has any idea?
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

MFS_FTP Abend No Such Variable

I have two SD tivo units at 6.2. I have installed MFS_FTP in /var/mfs_ftp. added this directory to the path. I can retrieve a file from one Tivo to my PC. When I attempt to transfer to the other I get an abend: " can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable "

Log from Tivo:

bash-2.02# more port.3105.log
    03:16:01:AM - sourcing settings
    10:16:04:PM - updating cached recording info

catch close lastsock val "can't read "info(lastsock)": no such element in array"
    10:16:15:PM - 220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.0.100:2097"
    10:16:15:PM - 331 User name okay, need password.
    10:16:15:PM - 230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    10:16:15:PM - 257 "/" is current directory.
    10:16:15:PM - 215 UNIX
    10:16:15:PM - 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,102,12,32).
    10:16:15:PM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    10:16:15:PM - 226 Transfer complete.
    10:16:17:PM - 250 Directory change successful.
    10:16:17:PM - 257 "/tmf" is current directory.
    10:16:17:PM - 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,102,12,32).
    10:16:17:PM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    10:16:17:PM - updating cached recording info

10:16:18:PM - 226 Transfer complete.
    10:21:51:PM - 250 Directory change successful.
    10:21:51:PM - 257 "/" is current directory.
    10:21:53:PM - 250 Directory change successful.
    10:21:53:PM - 257 "/tmf" is current directory.
    10:22:08:PM - 200 Type set to I
    10:22:08:PM - 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,102,12,32).
    retrying after errTmActiveLockConflict ...
    10:22:11:PM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{{Talk Sex With Sue J
    ohanson}{2005-01-14}{}{10.00 PM Sun Sep 04, 2005}{OXGN}.tmf}"

" can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable "

re-initializing mfs_ftp

close the current ftp connection and simply open another

"core dump"

info(version): 1.2.9p
    info(tswv): 6.2-01-2-351
    info(dbl): 0
    info(ithrottle): 2
    info(insert_priority): 10
    info(multithreaded): 0
    info(saveuntil): suggestion
    info(name_detail): 5
    info(bjuggle): 0
    info(active): 0
    info(ac_interval): 1800
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1
    info(gatewayport): 3105

catch close lastsock val ""
    bash-2.02#

I have replaced tzoffset.tcl.

I can transfer the same file to a SA Tivo which is at 4.01.

MRV works between the three. I know I can use this but I sometime insert home videos and must have mfs_ftp to transfer those.

Edit [Correction found]
    Someone ought to post the updates for 6.2 near the sticky with the files or update the files. I found one post that suggested the events be commented out of mfs_ftp.tcl. This corrected the problems for both of my 6.2 machines.
    Last edited by mboroff; 09-11-2005 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Found correction

Quote Originally Posted by gr0k
    I'm having trouble with linux command line ftp... as soon as I login and do anything, mfs_ftp crashes. Just doing a dir causes a crash:

When I ftp using OSX's command line ftp, it works fine... I also tried turning off auto login and SSL AUTH with this command: ftp -n -z nossl tivo 3105, but I get the same error.
    I experimented with several different platforms and ftp clients trying to get it to work. I found that I could ftp files to my Mac or my PC (running Linux) but it was never very stable-about half the time it would work and half the time it would fail. Then I built a new machine and just used MS Internet Explorer to access the ftp files and it was surprisingly reliable. I would just use a command line like the following:

ftp://192.168.0.3:3105

There did not seem to be any pattern to which ftp clients work and which do not. I have both an SAS2 and a DTV. Lately I have had trouble using MSIE to ftp files from the DTV. I just select the files in the FTP window and drag them to my local folder, but lately it starts the copy and dies immediately, just like yours.

I can still use MSIE to grab files from my SAS2 to the local drive, so I don't think it is anything to do with the client machine. The problem started after I selected and then deleted files on the DTV. In the past I had always deleted the files from the Tivo's Now Showing window.

I don't know for sure, but I think certain file handling operations (e.g. deleting files with my ftp client) may be corrupting something on the DTV. Did your problem start after deleting files with the ftp client?

---

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling mfs_ftp on my DTV. File transfers are working fine again. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling mfs_ftp on your Tivo before doing anything drastic.
    Last edited by sparx; 09-12-2005 at 10:28 PM.

35 bash "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" - command not found

I was able to get mfs_ftp to function. Being able to transfer files to/from TiVo via IE is way cool. But I did run into a snag along the way that I'm just itching to understand.

Executing mfs-ftp.tcl via bash get's these results:
    bash-2.02# bash "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl"
    /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl: proc: command not found
    /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl: global: command not found
    /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `info(v'
    /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl: line 17: `set info(version) "1.2.9p"'
    bash-2.02#

However executing via tivosh works fine:
    bash-2.02# tivosh /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
    bash-2.02#

The first line of mfs_ftp.tcl contains "#!/tvbin/tivosh", and this is in fact the directory where tivosh is located, so I don't understand why the bash approach does not function.

-peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterf
    bash-2.02# bash "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl"
    /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl: proc: command not found
    From the bash man page:
    Code:
    SYNOPSIS
    bash [options] [file]
    and later:
    Code:
    ... Bash reads and executes  commands  from this file, then exits.
    So bash is attempting to read shell commands from mfs_ftp.tcl. Perhaps you meant:
    Code:
    bash -c /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
    which would execute it as a command instead of trying to read it as a bash script.

Or just leave bash out of it and type /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl at the bash prompt. This would let tivosh take over as the shell for the script.

ew

error after reinstalling mfs_ftp

found it, earlier in the thread....what a surprise.... rm -R /var/mfs_ftp
    cleaned out the mfs_ftp directory and reinstalled...it started connecting, but wouldn't transfer...so i replaced the s2bins with the s2bins.tar file in the thread and now i am back to normal....

my /var was wiped , i reinstalled mfs_ftp, now when i run mfs_ftp.tcl i get this error message after i attempt to connect to the tivo with flashfxp. tia..

bash-2.02# /var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl
    bash-2.02#
    bash-2.02# can't read "info(786680,rec_filename)": no such variable
    while executing
    "lappend info(rec_filenames) "$info($fsid,rec_filename)""
    (procedure "build_rec_filenames" line 7)
    invoked from within
    "build_rec_filenames"
    (procedure "update_rec_fsids" line 23)
    invoked from within
    "update_rec_fsids 1"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 11)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "/var/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1534)
    Last edited by mrwalker66; 09-22-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    SA1 120gb Airnet
    SA1 80gb Turbonet
    SA1 40gb Virgin
    Series 2 dvr-80 RID 200gb fa120
    Series 2 TCD540040
    Series 2 TCD140060 loves wireless g router
    Series 2 DSR704B 300gb fa120
    Replay 5040 120gb
    MediaMVP
    8300hd dvr
    2 Series 2 DSR700's from weaknees
    2 HR10-250's 300gb
    Pioneer 810 h...250gb

Insert problems

I'm using a S2 DTivo, running 6.2... Have MFS_FTP working very well for downloading from the TiVo... can edit the files, make DVD's, etc.

But now I'm trying to get files back onto the TiVo, and MFS_FTP keeps dropping the connection and not accepting the upload.

When I keep Smart_FTP in active mode I find the following in the MFS_FTP log:
    Code:
    01:38:45:AM - 220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p - {sock22} from "192.168.0.106:4225"
    01:38:45:AM - 331 User name okay, need password.
    01:38:45:AM - 230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    01:38:45:AM - 215 UNIX
    01:38:45:AM - 502 Command not implemented "FEAT"
    01:38:45:AM - 200 Type set to I
    01:38:45:AM - 350 Restart okay, awaiting file request.
    01:38:45:AM - 257 "/" is current directory.
    01:38:46:AM - 250 Directory change successful.
    01:38:46:AM - 257 "/tmf" is current directory.
    01:38:46:AM - 502 Command not implemented "SIZE {Battlestar Galactica}{2005-09-23}{Pegasus}{10.00 PM Fri Sep 23, 2005}{SCFI}.tmf"
    01:38:46:AM - 200 PORT command successful.
    01:38:46:AM - 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    01:38:49:AM - updating cached recording info
    ............................................................................................................

............................................................................................................

01:39:04:AM - 226 Transfer complete.
    01:39:04:AM - 200 PORT command successful.
    01:39:05:AM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{{Battlestar Galactica}{2005-09-23}{Pegasus}{10.00 PM Fri Sep 23, 2005}{SCFI}.tmf}"

" can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable " 

re-initializing mfs_ftp

close the current ftp connection and simply open another
    And when it's in passive mode the error changes to:
    Code:

" can not find channel named "sock25" "

I'm sure (or at least I hope) that I'm missing something obvious here... Any ideas?

EDIT: As I had hoped, I was missing something obvious Searching on TmkEvent didn't turn up anything, but a page-by-page review of the MFS_FTP thread for series 2 led me to some guidance on commenting out the event lines... Jamie's post was the critical link (#322) and FredFillis posted a link to another helpful thread (#7 helped with my problem): http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43827
    Last edited by artdent002; 09-27-2005 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Found my answer...

First time mfs_ftp user - XML 1.1? spaces in filenames?

I've been using TyTool for some time, and at some point it started doing transfers very slooooowly. Never found out why.

I'm wanting to use mfs_ftp now, so I can use FTP from my own Perl script.

At last, I got the server working.

But... using the ftp command line program (in Windows), how do I enter the file name? I'd rather just use a wildcard so I don't have to type the whole name, just the first few characters. But the spaces I think are the problem. This is more of a ftp (client) command question, but I think folks here would know.

FWIW, I tried using Windows explorer, and it worked great. The readme says to report other clients that work well. Well, I can browse and drag just fine from the Explorer gui.

But... after copying an XML file, I can't get either browser to open it. Both Mozilla and IE give me errors about line 1 position 16 is an invalid version number.
    <?xml version="1.1" ...

What's up with that?